For my birthday, I want a tremolo arm. My guitar is a Gibson SG Classic, where the strings obviously dont go into the body. I wanted to get a Bigsby, but you have to drill into your guitar and it leave the two bridge holes open. What is a somewhat cheap alternative to it, or what suggestions do you have?
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
stetsbar!!

oh, cheap alternative

no can do unless you get it sent to a pro for a maestro or something. with that or a bigsby, therell be no divebombs on the go too. and possible poor tuning stability, a strat trem would be a huge job, and a FR would look out of place (assuming you have the P-90s model)

freekin sweet guitar tho
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Stetsbar? It's not too cheap though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Personally, I wouldn't let a drill come within a mile of that guitar. SG's shouldn't have trems, but if you really, really, really want one, you're probably going to have to make new holes.

If you feel the absolute need for one, Bigsby is probably the way to go. Look on guitarfetish.com Sometimes they have cheap bigsby style trems.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Quote by the.spine.surfs

Frankly, if you wanted a trem, you should have bought a guitar with a trem. It's almost a shame fudging up such a nice guitar.

yeah. it will be a expensive job and the result may not be that nice
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
There is no CHEAP way to put a wammy in a guitar that didnt come with one. Any cheap way wont be very good. The thoman and les trem is just a vibrato like a bigsby. So it wont do dive bombs. Like was said if you want a wammy get a guitar with a wammy.
a bigsby is the only thing worthwile for SGs, you could get a Vibrola, bot those suck.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm