I can easily sing Coldplay's The Scientist, Finch's Letters To You, Plain White Tee's Hey There Delilah and any Cute Is What We Aim For songs....so what is my vocal range?
And can anyone recommend other songs that have similar ranges? Thanks!!!
Well, to really know you'd have to tell us where you can't sing past, pretty much. On the high and low end. However, if you really match all those singers, I would say tenor.
well....i can't reli sing past the 2nd part of the chorus of I'm Not Okay..(I'm not okay...i'm not OKAY <--- that "okay" is the note i can't sing)....i also have a hard time singing Taking Back Sunday songs (such as the chorus of makedamnsure).
So are there any songs within that range? Thanks!!
Well, Gerard is a tenor, so if you can cover most of his range I would assume you are too. I don't know a lot about this though.
Quote by mikalcheuk
I can easily sing Coldplay's The Scientist, Finch's Letters To You, Plain White Tee's Hey There Delilah and any Cute Is What We Aim For songs....so what is my vocal range?
And can anyone recommend other songs that have similar ranges? Thanks!!!

It's easier if you actually give us the notes at the bottom and top of your range. Right now I'd label your vocal range as "able to be another annoying pop singer" but I'll need specific notes to pin it down to tenor, baritone, bass or anything usable.
You'll need to provide actual notes in relation to middle C on the piano to know what your vocal range is. Mine is bass/baritone. I can go up to F4, the F above middle C, and down to D2, which is almost to the second octave C below middle C (C4). Check out wikipedia. Type in vocal range and they have piano graphs that show you the four basic ranges.

If I took some training, I might be able to get a few more notes in the tenor range without falsetto. I think most "natural" tenors can sing a little above the defined range without too much effort though.
Last edited by paul_s at Apr 6, 2008,
Sit down with a piano. Piano is best but you can do it with guitar too. Sing your highest note. Find the note that corresponds. Repeat for your lowest note.

Then find look up vocal ranges on google(will be an easy search)
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by Paquijón
Your vocal range doesn't completely determine your voice classification. For example, if you can sing within a tenor's range but have the vocal tone of a baritone, you're more than likely a baritone.

True. In choirs, I have usually been either baritone or bass, even though I can't really sing any lower than the G on the E string. I didn't quite understand why, but my choir teacher explained it to me that I have the timbre of a baritone, even though I can handle singing up to a high C (8th fret, high E string)
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112