Hey guys,

I've been looking for a new amp for well over a year now, and Of all the reviews and posts I've read , it seems like the Peavey Classic 30 is the amp for me. Now comes the hard part, I only have about $700 CDN at the moment but I need an amp now. I play like, all Classic rock : Stones, Zep, CCR, Boston, AC/DC , Deep Purple, SRV, Hendrix etc.
And I don't have any effects at the moment. My question is, The amp I'm going to post below , can this be used as an amp AND a head? Like, could I use this by itself, then when I get enough money, By a 212 Cab?

Head: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30-Head-Tube-Amp-?sku=481019

Cabinet :http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-212-Speaker-Cabinet-?sku=481021

By the way , I'm not completely sold on this amp, If there's something better I should know about , feel free to post it.

Thanks in Advance,
ShaunDiel

running the head without the cab connected will destroy it

EDIT: i'd prolly just get the combo
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Go for the combo.

Or better yet, go for a Traynor YCV 40 or 50 combo. Built right in Canada. Excellent amps.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
(Invalid img)

running the head without the cab connected will destroy it

EDIT: i'd prolly just get the combo

You mean just save my money until I can afford both?
Quote by ShaunDiel
You mean just save my money until I can afford both?

no i mean get the combo

theyre the same wattage, which is more than enough, and theres a 212 combo

in short, get the combo
^no, a combo amp. search classic 30 212.
Blackedit: Stevo_epi_sg_wo, you beat me!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I've got the combo... works great! And it's a lot less than $700, that's for sure. I got mine for less than $400 off eBay.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Combp amps are the head and cab into one. smaller bell less cool looking and less versatile. Its considered a fairly good amp for classic rock. better than most competition excepth maybe a vox ac15 but thats less volume
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
And this Combo will be Just as good/better?

PS: In case you haven't noticed , I don't know that much about amps, I've only had 2 before and my uncle picked them out.

EDIT: ^ Oh..
Quote by ShaunDiel
And this Combo will be Just as good/better?

PS: In case you haven't noticed , I don't know that much about amps, I've only had 2 before and my uncle picked them out.

as the dude above you said, its the same amp, just in one box.

its swings and roundabouts really, but the combo will be easily enough sound wise, and probably easier to transport
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
as the dude above you said, its the same amp, just in one box.

its swings and roundabouts really, but the combo will be easily enough sound wise, and probably easier to transport

Well , I might be able to get my dad to spot me some money, so Which is better supposing money isn't an option(neither is transportation) The Combo or the Cab+Head ?
Quote by ShaunDiel
Well , I might be able to get my dad to spot me some money, so Which is better supposing money isn't an option(neither is transportation) The Combo or the Cab+Head ?

combo!

its pointless unless you want the C30 head and a different cab
Quote by ShaunDiel
Alright , anyone have a link to the combo? I couln't find it.(I didn't look very hard)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30112-Tube-Amp-Combo-?sku=481014

There you are I have the Classic 50 2x12 combo and it's great for Zep, pretty versatile on it's own.

However I would listen to Slats and look into the Traynor amps, they're supposed to be great for classic rock and you could probably get one at a good price over there.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-YCV40-Custom-Valve-Combo-Amp?sku=480959

Edit:
If you really can't get enough money for the PEavey or Traynor try to look into the Crate Palomino amps, they're supposed to be good for classic rock as well. I tried the clean channel at the store once and it was pretty good. There are made overseas now but you might find a good MIA one used.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-v32-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487828
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Apr 5, 2008,