hey guys

i have a regular epiphone acoustic guitar. and i'm thinking of buying a pickup to put in the soundhole so i can play gigs with it through my amp

i was wondering what are some good recommendations you guys have for acoustic pickups? persay, whats the best i can get for under 200 dollars?
dammit! this is electric only n00b!!!!

silly joke

how bout fishman rare earth pup?
I would highly recommend using a condenser microphone over a piezo pickup.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by danyellenik
shure SM 57

terrible for capturing acoustics!!!

need an expensive condenser!
hey parkerfly.......I got a $100 gift certificate for xmas at Sam Ash Music so I go in looking for a pick-up. I found a DiMarzio with a little slider volume control right on the pick-up. It sounds awesome with my Martin. The only pain is the G B E strings are a little louder than the E A D strings because they're unwound. You can make adjustments to correct this or I just turn down the treble a little on my amp. But, for $80 it's a steal!
Cheers,
krummy2k6

Quote by parkerfly123
hey guys

i have a regular epiphone acoustic guitar. and i'm thinking of buying a pickup to put in the soundhole so i can play gigs with it through my amp

i was wondering what are some good recommendations you guys have for acoustic pickups? persay, whats the best i can get for under 200 dollars?
Quote by danyellenik
shure SM 57

The SM 57 isn't used because it sounds goo, it's used because it won't break. Dynamic microphones ideally aren't used for acoustic guitars. They are excellent for live sound because of their durability, but are best used for amplifiers, drums and sometimes vocals. Dynamic mics also require you to be quite close to them. In a live performance this can be very troublesome.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."