ok, i want one of those kits that you plug into the input jack of your guitar and it sends the signals to the amp without a cord or something for playing live. i keep searching for them on the internet though and all i keep finding (by typing in wireless guitar kits) are these huge boxes with a million frequencies and so on. the last one i looked at was £400 (about $800) so im pretty sure this was the wrong thing.

what are they actually called, and what should i look out for to distinguish between good ones and bad ones? also, how much am i looking at paying?
i saw one on sale at musicians friend for like 100 bucks, give me a few mins ill find them for you and put them in the edit.

EDIT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/instrument-wireless?N=100001+304633

look through there, its all wireless instrument systems some are only like 60 bucks
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Last edited by danyellenik at Apr 5, 2008,
Don't cheap out on a wireless system. A good one that won't suck the hell out of you tone will cost you at least 400 dollars.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
shure has one for 300 which would probably be good, since it's shure, anything from them I've used for live sound has been good
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808