Can u advice me some good thrash/heavy metal solo patterns and scales, because i'm kinda stuck atm with ideas for a solo. The style i'm looking for are patters/scales for solos like thee type of Megadeth, Nuclear Assault, early Exodus, Overkill.

Thank ya!
There's no such thing.
Learn the major scale in every key, everywhere on the fretboard. Learn the theory behind it and diatonic harmony.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
There's no such thing.
Learn the major scale in every key, everywhere on the fretboard. Learn the theory behind it and diatonic harmony.

Archeo, you could have saved yourself lots of time if you had just sigged this statement.
Quote by ooder the cow
I thought the heavy metal scale was the harmonic minor.

searchbar.

Phrasing is what it all comes down to, no matter what the scale may be.
Quote by ooder the cow
I thought the heavy metal scale was the harmonic minor.

searchbar.

Harmonic minor is essentially the basis of jazz and classical harmony. It is hardly "metal" in origin.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by strat07
Can u advice me some good thrash/heavy metal solo patterns and scales, because i'm kinda stuck atm with ideas for a solo. The style i'm looking for are patters/scales for solos like thee type of Megadeth, Nuclear Assault, early Exodus, Overkill.

Thank ya!

just learn some of their solos.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by strat07

Thank ya!

Marty Friedman has a video on soloing that is really helpful. I believe it's called melodic control you can find it on youtube or google video.
Quote by isaac_bandits
Alot of thrash is atonal or chromatic.
It's hardly atonal; most thrash songs are in E minor. However, they use a lot of chromatic stuff.

Metallica and Megadeth both like Aeolian and Phrygian a lot. However, to get a real thrash sound, you'll have to learn some thrash songs and figure out what's going on by yourself. There are somethings that you must learn on your own; thrash/metal chromaticism is one of them.
Truly atonal music is very difficult to actually write. Generally thrash has a tonal center of E because it is the lowest note on a guitar. With the amount of chromaticism it is even often quite difficult to determine if it is truly minor.
Harmonic minor is more classical, like Yngwie Malmsteen, seeing as you like Megadeth learn E pentatonic minor, E blues minor with flatenned 5th for that nice bluesy fast sound that Mustaine uses. Marty Friedman uses some weird exotic scales sometimes and sometimes random chromatic notes, learn minor/major shapes for more range
Learn the major scale(esp. natural minor as far as patterns go) <-harmonic minor will be easy after this.

Begin by learning the keys of Emin and Amin. Also learn arpeggios in these keys (you don't have to go sweep crazy, alternate picking arps can give your solos punch too)

Make sure you have learned Hangar 18 Hope it helps!
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
Hangar 18

Will check it out after 2-3 months