Okay, so i am looking for a pedal to boost my sound putting me in the "front" for solos. I'm not sure if i should either get a Badmonkey OD, some other cheap OD, a clean boost, or an EQ pedal. I already have all the gain i need so i'm thinking an EQ pedal but still not sure. Also could use a Make/Model of a pedal suggested, thanks in advance.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Could you not use your OS-2?

I'm getting rid of it. It doesn't bypass well, so when it is off it actually decreases some treble. Also when trying to use it as a boost it adds gain which is sometimes nice but can also muddy up a tone too.
Quote by PiperDawnsGate
Okay, so i am looking for a pedal to boost my sound putting me in the "front" for solos. I'm not sure if i should either get a Badmonkey OD, some other cheap OD, a clean boost, or an EQ pedal. I already have all the gain i need so i'm thinking an EQ pedal but still not sure. Also could use a Make/Model of a pedal suggested, thanks in advance.

I have a Boss Ge-7 EQ that I use in the fx loop in my mesa, raise the mids a little on the pedal and it cuts through perfectly! Also If you don't fancy the Boss EQ I've only heard good things from the MXR 10 band EQ.
The BBE Boosta Grande works well for the purpose. with the ability of a clean boost of up to 20 Db.
Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit- Oscar Wilde
Can't you use the Metal Muff as boost?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93

It dosn't get clean enough. You're thinking of a Metal Zone, which can.

LPB-1, Fish 'n Chips, Bad monkey are all fair budget choices. How much are you looking to spend?
Quote by fila_93

Yuck.

I say either Boosta Grande or an EQ.