How can you tell the difference, is there a difference, apart from the sound it produces?
If you're looking for a guitar in that vicinity, I have a Les Paul Special II that I'm quite pleased w/.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
custom has....

body binding
neck binding
headstock binding
block inlays
covered pups
custom has set neck, 100 has bolt on (i think)

aside from that it'll likely have better pups/tuners/bridge

the 100 might not even be mahogany
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
custom has....

body binding
neck binding
headstock binding
block inlays
covered pups
custom has set neck, 100 has bolt on (i think)

aside from that it'll likely have better pups/tuners/bridge

the 100 might not even be mahogany

Yeah, low end les pauls are made of alder, not mahogany.
The 100 is easy to spot with the screws holding the neck on. And the 100 is made of mahogany with an alder top. Its just not as thick as a standard. But is lighter.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
touche
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by /\AC/\DC/\

Yes. I can say with 99% certainty that the guitar there IS a custom. Why? It's a set neck, has covered pickups and the biggest giveaway, block inlays. If that was and LP-100, they would've spent so much in making it a set neck/with block inlays it would not have even been funny. Plus they would've had to match the paint to the original, which would've again been nearly impossible. That and it has binding, which unless I was misinformed putting that on is not a very easy task to perform.

So yes. If you want one, bid on that. Also, if you do get one (a custom) could you PM me some stuff about it? I'm considering getting one later this summer, but I've only ever played the ZW epi (not buzzsaw or stormin' normin', the black/white one with passive EMG's) and I was VERY impressed. All that guitar is is the custom with EMG's and a paint job, so I don't imagine it being much different, but there's always the possibility lol.

But best of luck man, hope you love whatever you get!