I've been amp shopping and I'm pretty much set on the Crate Blackheart (tube). I like the sound and its in my price range (<$300). The problem is, its only 5w. It's pretty loud by itself, but I don't know if it could keep up with the rest of my band. How well would it work to mic it through our PA?

I don't have much experience with gigging as this is my first band and we've only been playing for a few months.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Mic'ing it will work fine - 5-watts is loud but not over a heavy drummer - also there's no real "headroom" unless you Mic it.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
thanks for the advice
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
I'd recommend 15W at a minimum for use with a band. Even then, you'll be in a position to mic it up for clean headroom live.

If you like the Blackheart, you'll love the Crate V18.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well from what I hear the BH is enough for band settings. It would be if you don't need clean headroom at least.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009