im getting an epiphone g400 soon and ive heard about their muddy pickups, but i hardly know anything about pickups. i play nu-metal/alternative/punk (e.g. system of a down, three days grace, linkin park)
what pickups would satisfy these criteria? (around $70 each) (i heard seymour duncans are good, but i dont know which model would be suitable)
I suggest dimarzios. You said linkin park so maybe a d sonic for the bridge caus thats what the dude from linking park uses (the only player who uses it who I care about is john petrucci)

And for the neck.. **** it lets go with an air norton caus it sounds insane, its smooth and sustains pretty well. And I know it goes well with a d sonic.
Well maybe you should wait till you get the guitar to worry whether or not you want to change the pu's lol. The stock pu's will be better for hard rock than 'nu-metal', but I replace mine with some very inexpensive gfs ones that are doing pretty nicely.
Quote by Lrn2shrd69
I suggest dimarzios. You said linkin park so maybe a d sonic for the bridge caus thats what the dude from linking park uses (the only player who uses it who I care about is john petrucci)

And for the neck.. **** it lets go with an air norton caus it sounds insane, its smooth and sustains pretty well. And I know it goes well with a d sonic.

EDIT: Also, +1 to CrapShrapnel.
thanks so far.
would you say the dimarzios are fairly versatile?
and more specifically, can i get an avenged sevenfold sound from the dimarzios listed?
The sound you get will depend more on your amp than your pickups.

Wait until you've got the guitar, then see how it sounds through your amp. If you don't like it, post back here saying what the problem is and we'll tell you how to solve it, whether that's pickups, pedals, a new amp or simply learning to use the one you already have.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ that being said, the pickups = buzz/hum city

im needing to change mine soon