Ok, i have recently discovered my issue for finger nails on guitar players. I almost puke where I seen it the first time. Is it just me or what? Why would you do that, grow your finger nails on your picking hand long and thick and disfigured all so you dont have to use a pick or learn hybird picking?
It is the ugliest thing i have ever seen, then when they play, you can hear the "clicking" on there nails on the pick guard. ewwwwwww
Does this benifit the player what so ever? Were there any of the "pro's" that did this? I have watched, very internsley, an ton of concerts live and dvd, and cant think of any big name that did this? Do you know anyone who does this, or you do it? WTF R U Thinkin!

音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Last edited by ehwalled at Apr 5, 2008,
Yes. It massively improves the tone when playing flamenco and classical guitar. Makes it a damn sight easier too.
John Butler, he uses his to finger pick. It's disgusting, but apparantly it works quite well for him.
I don't get it. How do you have a fetish for fingernails, if you "almost puke where I seen it the first time"?

Unless you also have a vomiting fetish...

Just throwing that out there.
Quote by DarkEra97
John Butler, he uses his to finger pick. It's disgusting, but apparantly it works quite well for him.

He has fake nails though doesn't he?
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Quote by ehwalled
Ok, i have recently discovered my fetish for finger nails on guitar players. I almost puke where I seen it the first time. Is it just me or what? Why would you do that, grow your finger nails on your picking hand long and thick and disfigured all so you dont have to use a pick or learn hybird picking?
It is the ugliest thing i have ever seen, then when they play, you can hear the "clicking" on there nails on the pick guard. ewwwwwww
Does this benifit the player what so ever? Were there any of the "pro's" that did this? I have watched, very internsley, an ton of concerts live and dvd, and cant think of any big name that did this? Do you know anyone who does this, or you do it? WTF R U Thinkin!

I dont think 'fetish' is the word you're looking for
Quote by Doppelgänger
I don't get it. How do you have a fetish for fingernails, if you "almost puke where I seen it the first time"?

+1 it dont make no since to me either
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
What does this have to do with fetishes?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Bastard Son
He has fake nails though doesn't he?

Oh maybe, I don't know. I was pretty disgusted when I first saw it, but considering it was watching him play Ocean, that made it all better
I bet your misuse of the word 'fetish' has led to some interesing situations: 'Hey guys, don't you have a fetish for women taking a shit on you?'
On a semi-related note, I heard that some sex fetish experts have said that a fetish is only a fetish if something isn't naturally occurring with humans. Such as bondage, and whatever. This means that body fascination such as feet, and in your case finger nails isn't a fetish.

This of course is probably and most likely bull****.

Wait, re-read the post.

Randy Rhoads did it, and had long finger nails on his thumb (fretting hand), and on his pinkie finger (picking finger).
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by DarkEra97
Oh maybe, I don't know. I was pretty disgusted when I first saw it, but considering it was watching him play Ocean, that made it all better

Yeh i think they are fake. I like 'Pickapart', if you find the video he did of it for total guitar you can see his nails abit better.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
sorry i guess fetish was the wrong word, changed it to issue
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Quote by Doppelgänger

Unless you also have a vomiting fetish...

Just throwing that out there.

lol maybe he has a fetish over everything! hmm... some investigating is going on.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by ehwalled
sorry i guess fetish was the wrong word, changed it to issue

It's still the wrong word.
jimmy had long finger nails, when? i have never seen that?
音乐是生活
Music is Life

I bet your misuse of the word 'fetish' has led to some interesing situations: 'Hey guys, don't you have a fetish for women taking a shit on you?'
Thats only the tip of the iceberg...
define:

An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.

An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.

Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.

An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.
音乐是生活
Music is Life

I hate it when people have long nails and a load of dirt and grime backs up underneath them.

*shudder*
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by ehwalled
define:

An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.

An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.

Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.

An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

Yes, a fixation associated with feelings where you are attracted to it, not disgusted.
that actually made me lol!

'cos i can just imagine TS saying it(not tht i know what he looks like )
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
that actually made me lol!
(not tht i know what he looks like )

He's the guy covered in turd.