The name says it. Which scales should I use to best get the honky tonk piano sound? And yes, I'm writing this part for a piano.
RIP Terry Kath (1978)
Why must we have a dozen of these threads a day? The scale you use a very small part of your sound, and each of them has the potential to sound like a thousand different styles of music.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Play it like you think honky tonk should sound, or however you want it to sound. Don't be so constrained by theory.
E Phrygian, obviously.
I've not the time nor cutting wit necessary to provide a catchy signature. *adjusts monocle*
Quote by Galvanise69
I dont know really, Mabey not Phrygian, but it could work, as stated the scales play a small role in how the music sounds, but as far as what your asking for mabey major, blues, major pent, minor pent.
I'm sorry, I've caused unnecessary confusion. I forgot the </sarcasm> at the end of my other post. Oops!
I've not the time nor cutting wit necessary to provide a catchy signature. *adjusts monocle*