I currently own a Boss GT-6 which has a built in harmonizer in it. but i'm limited to making a patch for every different harmony i want to use, therefore id like an outboard harmonizer, rack mounted maybe, and one i can use with a midi controller for individual harmony patches outside my processor.

could you give me some brand suggestions (not eventide, i dont have that kind of money)
wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
if i wanted a whammy pedal then maybe... unless im mistaken they dont do harmony do they?
Quote by Wylde14
if i wanted a whammy pedal then maybe... unless im mistaken they dont do harmony do they?

I believe they do, though I'm not sure how good the tracking is.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
yeah, from my unnderstanding you could maybe set it to blend with the origional sound... but it would only be a harmony in the key of the note your playing.. which is no good
Quote by Wylde14
yeah, from my unnderstanding you could maybe set it to blend with the origional sound... but it would only be a harmony in the key of the note your playing.. which is no good

The Boss PS-5 has intelligent pitch shifting. The quality obviously doesn't rival that of an Eventide, but it's certainly usable.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Pitch Shifting =/= Harmonizer. Harmonizer takes you signal and plays it with a replicate played at different pitch over top, creating a harmony. A Whammy simply changes the pitch of the signal without putting the original unaltered signal under it.
Quote by Wylde14

The Whammy is strictly a pitch shifting pedal. The harmony presets are only basic, not intelligent. If you're looking for an intelligent harmonizer you can check out a Boss PS-5 or Boss HR-2. There's Eventide rackmount units, but I doubt you're looking to spend that much.
I'm not sure if you can find anything that fits the bill tbh. Like other people have said - whammy does simple harmonizing, apart from that, try the Boss pedals. But they're not that good. Sadly, good harmonizers cost a truckload of money.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
eventide
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt