Okay its been 8 months and all i got are scales some finger excersizes and pffft pieces of songs...im really into metal and prog. I liek metallica and megadeth opeth symphony and blah blah blah... YEah? got a solo for me to learn?
The stairway solo is pretty good, easy and recognizable.

I suggest downloading a slow-down utility (like pacemaker v1.32 for winamp) for learning solos!
Quote by NByz
The stairway solo is pretty good, easy and recognizable.

I suggest downloading a slow-down utility (like pacemaker v1.32 for winamp) for learning solos!

I forgot NO STAIRWAY.
One by Metallica. the tapping takes a little bit of work, but its really easy to learn. and besides, its easily one of their easiest.
SoCalDirtDragon
LOL, alright, then how about the solo from iron man. It's fun to play.
I Will Survive - Cake
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Yeah the tap patterns in one seem tough, but once you work through them they're in your 'playbook' for life.
Oh, and if you're looking for a really interesting one, check out the solo from "Don't fear the reaper"
I don't know if it fits your musical prefrences, but Ex's And Oh's by Atreyu is stupidly easy.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
The One solo is not "easy.

Try Highway to Hell by AC/DC
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Freedom - Rage Against the Machine.

Mite be a bit to easy for you but its real cool to improv around and you don't need no effects.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
First solo in Guns N' Roses Knocking on heavens door
That's pretty easy
the one solo is not easy, and most people who think it is can't actually play it cleanly.
before you start playing lead i would suggest you spend another year or two mastering rhythm, but if you just want one to mess around with

try smells like teen spirit by nirvana. . it seems cheesy, but i must stress it is SOOOOOOOO important to learn to play slow before you learn to play fast.

yngwie didn't START by shredding yaknow. he played rhythm only for probably a couple years, then EASY leads for like 3 years, then he started getting fast.. so don't rush it, rome wasn't built in a day
there are much easier metallica solo's than one. I would try nothing else matters, u should be able to play that with relative ease, and then move on to unforgiven 1 & 2, these songs probably contain the easiest metallica solos (They are easy to learn the fingering etc, but hard to play well like anything)
RG's & Mesa's
Passage to Bangkok- Rush, you said prog right?
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311