My little brother is 8, and has a guitar. I've taught him Seven Nation Army(w/o power chords) and Smoke on the Water. What are some other non-chord, extremely easy songs? I'd do Iron Man, but I don't have a recording of it for him to listen to. He pretty much likes the stuff I do, as I'm his big bro, and that would be Hendrix, Zep, Gn'R (I try to get him to not listen to this, he likes to get the lyrics, and lots of the songs are dirty). Basicly, classic or modern rock.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

A little bit of a deviation from what you like, but songs like Fat Lip and The Hell Song by Sum 41.... VERY VERY EAsy songs, though good for beginners.
Quote by metaldud536
Yes. When the shield generator on Endor has been deactivated, Rogue Squadron is easily able to enter the Death Star II without repurcussions.

...And that's how menstruation works.
No power chords please, he can get the shape, but its hard for him to maintain or move it.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by mydogpoops
No power chords please, he can get the shape, but its hard for him to maintain or move it.

The solution would be to practice them.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
the Metallica - Nothing Else Matters intro... can't possibly find anything easier than that.
The main riff to Sunshine of Your Love.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
play powerchord songs, but use the root note instead of the full chord.
|-----| Gear |-----|

Ibanez RG(cnt remember)
Marshall MG30DFX
Line 6 Guitar Port

YOUTUBE PR0NZZ
If he practices playing power chords, he will be able to maintain and move them. My suggestion? Help him practice playing power chords. Here are some songs to work with:

In Bloom - Nirvana
Junkhead - Alice in Chains
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
Man on the Silver Mountain - Rainbow
Outshined - Soundgarden (tuned to Drop D, even easier)

That's what I can suggest off the top of my head ...it's certainly enough to get the ball rolling. And he can just play the roots if he wants to, but where is the fun in that?
Sunshine of your Love is what I thought of myself, just earlier today, and yes, in a week or so, I'll have him start practicing power chords.
Quote by darkstar2466

iorn man w/o power chords just the E parts
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Learn basslines to songs, maybe.

Otherside by RHCP is a good one too.
Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath.

Three notes. That is all.