I now own a Line 6 Toneport UX1, a Variax 700 and a pocket pod and I love all their stuff. I really do.

I just wondered if anyone knows a quick way to brake down all the stupid names they give to their effects and tones. I mean - I know what kind of sound Im looking for sometimes but when you go to find it its hard because your browsing through the names Line 6 have given to them - such as Rusty Spring, Badge, insane, Bottle, Nashville, Mr Clean, Sandman etc...Anyone know of a reference to brake these crap names down?
Did you check their website? They might have some useful info
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Just break down the obvious first, like Mr clean isn't going to be a heavy overdriven tone.
I guess you might need to try some out, and see what you can find through that.
They choose their names so they don't get sued for copyright infringement, and I guess they just got creative. Mr Clean = Matchless DC, Sandman = Mesa Triple Rec, Nashville = Fender Tweed, probably a Bassman, etc.
How about listening to them and deciding what the best way to use them is yourself?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i know that mr clean is a killswitch engage setting- for clean obviously
and my spider 3 has sandman settings "clnman" and "mtlman" which are for enter sandman, clean and metal sound.
and most of the other ones you listed are probably just band or song presets
all their info manuals tell you eXACTLY WHICH GUITAR ITS MADE AFTER JUST READ AROUND ABIT
line 6 settings are usually based around song titles, like badge is the setting that sounds like cream's "badge"

personally i thinks it's pretty dumb to use presets when you can make your own, especially with all the insane combinations that you can make. why sound like someone else when you can sound unique? you really limit yourself by using presets and end up sounding like everyone else who uses the same presets.
Where's the information you got with them when you purchased? The Variax 700 booklet goes page for page on what everything is and my POD XTL has a listing in the back of it's "operations manual" on what means what. My XTL doesn't have those specific names in it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by soundgarden6742
i know that mr clean is a killswitch engage setting- for clean obviously

Actually, it's just a clean tone. Nothing to do with that horrible mallcore band.
Quote by Danno13
Actually, it's just a clean tone. Nothing to do with that horrible mallcore band.

LOL, stfu.
Quote by Flyingboco
all their info manuals tell you eXACTLY WHICH GUITAR ITS MADE AFTER JUST READ AROUND ABIT

dood y do i nevr reed the stupid manuals
Quote by Danno13

no it is a killswitch engage setting
there's a prefix in front of it that says kse

kse: mr. clean
kse: chuggernaut
kse: sweet lead
there's a bunch of others too