I havent been playin guitar for that long. Can play most stuff but cant come up with my own stuff yet. Anyway I just started Uni and need some new gear to play here. I was thinkin of gettin a small amp. (30 W - 50 W). And the suggestions a friend of mine made were Line 6 Spider III 30, Line 6 Spider III 75, Marshall MG30DFX or Marshall50DFX. I am not lookin to get a pedal just yet but would like some decent overdrive on the amp itself. The tone I'm lookin for is an early metallica-ish thrash tone. I know that without better gear and effects n stuff you cant really get that tone but like i said this is just to play while i'm here at uni. will buy better gear after i finish. No gigging. But jamming with friends (and drummers). So what you guys think of the suggestion or you have other better alternatives? I am in Australia. Just thought to post here coz i know you guys r like way ahead of me in terms of experience and stuff so thought would give me a more well informed decision than my friend. Thanks in advance
DO NOT buy any of those amps you just listed. All a complete waste of money.

I'm not really good with prices in Australia so I'll wait till someone else knows more about what's in your price range since I know a lot of the stuff in the states that's around the same as those amps is a lot more there.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Roland Cube 60 or 30 trust me
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
wow you don't have great friends then lol.jk.

but try out the Peavey Winsdor studio combo and the Peavey Valveking
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
wow you don't have great friends then lol.jk.

but try out the Peavey Winsdor studio combo and the Peavey Valveking

The Windsor Studio sounds like turd from what I've heard. It sounds nothing like the head.

The Valveking would be good or a Randall RG50TC.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The Windsor Studio sounds like turd from what I've heard. It sounds nothing like the head.

The Valveking would be good or a Randall RG50TC.

I tried the studio it was meh but for like metalica and stuff like that I think it would be fine for him.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Um, he is an aussie. They get screwed with prices. You guys might wanna rethink your suggestions.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
oh crap I'm sorry hes in australia now what hmmm.

laney maybe
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
If they really did make those suggestions...sir, those people are not your friends.
Quote by metallicafan616
what is hair metal?

Fail.
Thanks for all the replies. I've been lookin around myself. There are two Randall amps that interest me. One of them is the Randall RG50TC that one of you guys recommended and the other is Randall RG100SCG2, the 100 W one is solid state while the 50W is a tube one. The 50W one is for $1000. while the 100 W is $650.