Yeah so as the title says my sound is really starting to break up, I've just started playing electric guitar so idk what could be causing it I was think maybe my cable or tube amp, but I just got the amp at christmas, so idk can someone help me thanks
Bad cable, bad guitar wiring, blown speaker, could be many things.
and if its really a tube amp, replace the tubes... but the 'breaking up' of the sound at high volumes is one of the things people like about tube amps, they give a natural distortion.
it could be inside the guitar or in the amp like loose wires or something
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
sounds like a loose wire in the output jack, same thing happened to me. well, who knows, like stated, could be many things. you can check by removing the screws on the jack and pulling it out slightly to see if the wires are loose or not.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
ok I'll try that thanks guys it mite be the jack cause when I plugged in today it was rattling how do I fix that though? also how do u change pickups?
Last edited by therealtater at Apr 5, 2008,
The pickups should be fine, just check the wiring inside the guitar (take off the plastic cover on the back, unless you're using a strat o_o)
Check the GUITAR output, not the amp's jack. guitar electronics are much easier to replace if you break them.
You're amp is a 5w tube amp. You're probably getting some natural tube distortion, so if you want a cleaner sound try turning your guitar's volume down a bit.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
Quote by musicalfish
You're amp is a 5w tube amp. You're probably getting some natural tube distortion, so if you want a cleaner sound try turning your guitar's volume down a bit.

+1

And learn to play softer too. A tube amp breaks up really quick if you slam the hell out of the strings.