Hi, I'm going to build a bass using a neck-thru bass neck from Carvin. I'm going to carve a headstock in a shape I want, so I'll order the option of the blank "paddle" headstock. The only problem is, the "paddle" is not big enough. I was wondering if it was safe and/or possible to add more wood onto the wood that's already there and then sand to a uniform depth, then carve my headstock out of that. I'm assuming wood glue and possibly biscuits would be used, am I correct? Help me out, UG!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Scarf it nicely, and you won't need dowells (sp). Also, make sure that your machine heads go on the original wood section, and you'll be fine.

What if I were to dovetail joint it? The tuners would probably be on the original piece of wood anyway, but if I had to go a little into the new wood, would it be horrible to do so providing that I jointed and glued it properly?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
If the tuners aren't going to be located on the extension, you should be fine, do whatever the hell you want. If they are, make sure its fastened securely!