How hard would it be to copy an old ac 30 with the top boost circuit? I am asking somone to build me an amp and am just wondering if it would be outrageously expensive or beyond his ability. Some features could be cut. Would it be cheaper to buy one of the vox reissues.

THanks for any comments.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
It would be cheaper to buy the amp.

That being said ith getting someone to build an amp you get a way nicer amp. I know my Vibro Champ I built kills the Fenders around today.
Quote by Invader Jim
Runoffgroove.com has an AC30 Top Boost as a pedal, if all you want is the sound.

Well i need to get a tube amp and it's just right in the sonic range i'm going for. Right now i'm looking at either getting this guy to build me one, a traynor ycv 50, a peavey classic 30, or save up for a vox ac 30 or a mesa stiletto ace.

If he did build this do you think i would be able to get it for under 1500?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by tomguitarworshi
Well i need to get a tube amp and it's just right in the sonic range i'm going for. Right now i'm looking at either getting this guy to build me one, a traynor ycv 50, a peavey classic 30, or save up for a vox ac 30 or a mesa stiletto ace.

If he did build this do you think i would be able to get it for under 1500?

Whos building it for you?

Yes it could be built for under $1500. Materials would probbly be around $800 roughly, depends how much he charges for labour.
It's a guy who is JUST starting to sell amps who i met the other day. He's been building them for a while but is just starting to sell them. he was going to sell a 5 watt all tube with gain and master volume and treble bass mid knobs for 450. How much would you think he would charge for labour on this type of thing judging by that.

Anyways thank you very much for the information, i'm sure if he thinks he can do it i'll get a price quote from him. If he can do it it will most certainly be awesome, if not it's back to the decision between the classic thirty, traynor blue, ac30 and stiletto ace.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Obviously we can't tell you how much he charges. Just ask him. The AC30 circuit isn't terribly complicated, but there are a lot of parts so I would expect the price to be at least $1000. If he can't do it or you want someone more experienced with the circuit, check out the Valvetech Hayseed. They're very well made, very reasonably priced, and custom finished any way you want. There is a wait time though.
valvetechamps.com