alright so for the longest time I played only guitar, but I'm starting to like the bass I have. Would it be alright if I use the same guitar amp (Marshall MG Series 30 DFX) to play bass, or does this run the risk of it overloading or something?
i got the answer
sell the MG and get an amp that dont suck

in all honesty, no. you cant run a bass through a guiar amp. its kinda like the square/rectangle rule. squares are rectangles (guitars --> bass amp) but rectagnles arent always squares (bass -/-> guitar amp)
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
It is like dividing by zero. Your whole world will collapse if you do.

But, all crap aside, you will blow the speaker.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by pinkfloyder1000
Would it be alright if I use the same guitar amp (Marshall MG Series 30 DFX) to play bass, or does this run the risk of it overloading or something?

You'll blow the speaker if you have the volume up much at all. But if that encourages you to get a better amp, it's probably a good thing. So I say, "go for it!"
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by blue_strat
DON'T use a MARSHALL MG!

Bad things will happen.

that's what you meant to say.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com