Alright guys here me out...

With the recent depature of Scott Weiland from velvet revolver, Slash is quoted as saying,
"Velvet revolver will move on without Scott."

But who could possibly be a better fit for velvet revolver than Scott Weiland?

My Theory and general though is that...

Chris Daughtry will take over the roll. Slash has already worked on some of Chris's material and with Chris's eccentric vocals, velvet revolver could be better than just a good rock band.

What do you all think?
Discuss

CLIFFS:
VR - Scott Weiland + Chris Daughtry = Better Velvet Revolver
Live Ever, Die Never
Chris is a good singer, but I duno. Scott said he recommended Sabastion Bach as a replacement.

Besides that, I'm really mad that they broke up. It's hard to believe that I saw them a few months ago, and they played the best show (I've seen them play at least).

At least you got to see them =(.

I had to miss the greatest concert ever...Kill Hannah, Alice In CHains, and Velvet Revolver..
And now I have to listen to my friend who went brag about seeing VR, and also sitting right behind Johnny From KH after their set...

But no, Chris Daughtry seems unlikely. Besides Slash mentioned some new guy. Which would be nice, someone who isn't famous.
Dude yall are all out of your f**king minds ... Ill be the new singer before Daughtry
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Quote by catchtherainbow
My prediction:

ROCKSTAR: Velvet Revolver

Lol, more ex-GNR members find a new band on that show.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I sure as hell hope it isn't Daughtry.

He's completely mom-friendly radio rock, with zero creativity behind a good voice.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Cornell.....

Why does everyone keep saying that!?

It clearly won't be him nor will it be Mike Patton.

Look at their schedules.
And everyone keeps forgetting the fact that

Chris Cornell can't sing anymore. His voice has been shot for years.
Quote by Delanoir
And everyone keeps forgetting the fact that

Chris Cornell can't sing anymore. His voice has been shot for years.

Have you heard is solo stuff?
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp

Have you heard is solo stuff?

Yes,

aside from being pretty mediocre songwriting, they can fix any voice in studio production.

Listen to him live nowadays. It's painful.
My money is on Duff
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
http://youtube.com/watch?v=c2MgwAJrfXo

His voice is still fantastic. And I'm not even a Soundgarden fanboy.

Our opinions obviously differ. I'm good with that.

That's his "shot" vocals. Check 3:20 mark, that's very rusty sounding. He sure can reach his pitch and notes, but he still sounds rusty(coarse) and that's not really good.

Imagine him needing to sing something really heavy over Slash's and Dave's heavy guitar. He was already having troubles behind Tom Morello's cutting riffs. His song writing has also deproved(if there is such a word).

He used to be able to sing better than that, and not comparing that against his younger voice, I still think Chris Cornell can't do rock anymore.

If Velvet Revolver were to take Chris, it'll be something to laugh at.
Quote by catchtherainbow
That's his "shot" vocals. Check 3:20 mark, that's very rusty sounding. He sure can reach his pitch and notes, but he still sounds rusty(coarse) and that's not really good.

Imagine him needing to sing something really heavy over Slash's and Dave's heavy guitar. He was already having troubles behind Tom Morello's cutting riffs. His song writing has also deproved(if there is such a word).

He used to be able to sing better than that, and not comparing that against his younger voice, I still think Chris Cornell can't do rock anymore.

If Velvet Revolver were to take Chris, it'll be something to laugh at.

Those 'shot' vocals are what make him, IMO. He's always had that element in his voice. I can see why some people don't like his voice now. Chris like's rust; 'Rusty Cage.'
Already a Velvets thread
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...