I've seen the tourmaster 4100 on musiciansfriend recently and seen this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=L1TCO1Kcwnk it looks like it has a ton of versitility and features. i really like the power grid idea where you can change the wattage for each channel. my real question is has anyone played it? and can it's fourth channel get into the really heavy stuff aka death metal?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
i have, i didn't really crank the gain though, sorry, i can't say for that. it was really versatile, a GC close to you should have one by now, mine got them in about 3-4 weeks ago
I would assume it would do metal, because egnater is pretty closely affiliated with randall, and randall does metal so...
I heard that the egnator dude designed the MTS thing that randall does.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I played a Gibby Explorer through a half-stack at CG a while back.

I'm not really sure about death metal, the heaviest I took it was Megadeth.
i played one and cranked it pretty loud. its unbelievable. i loved it, i wish more people knew about them. if they looked more modern and stuff i would own one. im just not looking for a vintage looking new amp.

they are honestly unbelievable amps. the power option section is worth it in itself, imagine all the possibilites. you will never need another combo amp, honestly.
Quote by jcopello
i played one and cranked it pretty loud. its unbelievable. i loved it, i wish more people knew about them. if they looked more modern and stuff i would own one. im just not looking for a vintage looking new amp.

they are honestly unbelievable amps. the power option section is worth it in itself, imagine all the possibilites. you will never need another combo amp, honestly.

You're retarded
you wont buy an amp because it doesnt look modern enough?

Tweed covering > You.

Seriously, i prefer tweed over everything but red and orange tolex.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by SkateEmerica987
I've seen the tourmaster 4100 on musiciansfriend recently and seen this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=L1TCO1Kcwnk it looks like it has a ton of versitility and features. i really like the power grid idea where you can change the wattage for each channel. my real question is has anyone played it? and can it's fourth channel get into the really heavy stuff aka death metal?

it goes to 5150 levels honestly it is completely versatile. i tried the head via a 2x12 and a prs
Quote by kool98769
You're retarded
you wont buy an amp because it doesnt look modern enough?

Tweed covering > You.

Seriously, i prefer tweed over everything but red and orange tolex.

that, and i have my eyes set on something else at the moment, so piss off. ive never been into tweed covering and probably never will be. not everyone has the same opinion as you dickwad.

i just like plain black amps, that simple, nothing to attract attention.
yeah, guitar center stocks on these bad boys!!

this is surely gonna kill mesa rectifiers in the long run, since it's a 1400 dollar head and has 4 channels...

but yeah, i played it before, while it was in the boutique room at guitar center because it was still a new product, and because of that, i cranked the hell out of it

it's a good amp, and yes, it can handle death metal and slightly heavier as well

you're going to want to get a compressor though, because it's a messy gain type of amp, for those metal tones to give heart attacks, you're gonna want a compressor
Quote by jcopello
that, and i have my eyes set on something else at the moment, so piss off. ive never been into tweed covering and probably never will be. not everyone has the same opinion as you dickwad.

i just like plain black amps, that simple, nothing to attract attention.

Im not saying youre retarded for not liking tweed.

You wouldn't by any chance have owned a BC bronze series warlock would you have??

My point was the Egnator wasn't "cool" looking enough for you to get it.

Tone has no look.
Tone is tone. Buy things because of their tone, not because of looks

If the thing looks like a penis, but sounds amazing, you should still get it.
Tone>looks.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Im not saying youre retarded for not liking tweed.

You wouldn't by any chance have owned a BC bronze series warlock would you have??

My point was the Egnator wasn't "cool" looking enough for you to get it.

Tone has no look.
Tone is tone. Buy things because of their tone, not because of looks

If the thing looks like a penis, but sounds amazing, you should still get it.
Tone>looks.

i hear you bro. and yeah you are correct and i respect that. i was just thinking more of my live image and wanted it to be very modern looking with a vintage tone. but you made me think, i appreciate that.
Quote by jcopello
i hear you bro. and yeah you are correct and i respect that. i was just thinking more of my live image and wanted it to be very modern looking with a vintage tone. but you made me think, i appreciate that.

sorry i was such an asshole. I'm a little angry today lol

Dont get sucked into the PR.
Although i'll definitely agree, i'd probably laugh if someone was playing br00talz on a tweed amp. If you really felt like it, you could either paint it black, or get it retolex'd
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
thats what i was thinking, or contacting bruce and have see if he can pull some strings and make a murdered out tourmaster. that would be the amp for me hands down. time to make some calls haha.

but cheers bro, i totally hear you and no hard feelings, rock on.
Well i did go to guitar center today and they had the half stack and combo . this amp is amazing! i didnt get the chance to crank it but it was extremly versitile and i was able to get some seriously heavy tones with an emg equiped guitar. this might just end up being my next purchase.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
i think ill be getting the combo in the very near future =].

good to hear that you liked it bro, thats exactly why i liked the amp and why im getting it.
Bruce is a liar. Those wheels aren't exclusive to them. Mesa had them first...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I got to spend about half an hour with the 2x12 in guitar center's sound room. I was pretty much blown away. The versatility is amazing. Want bright, jangly cleans? Egnater can do that. Want a dark, jazzy tone? Why yes, Egnater can do that. Want a nice, responsive blues growl? It just so happens that Egnater can do that. British-y classic rock? American-voiced classic rock? Hard Rock? Metal? Why, yes. Yes; Egnater can do that too. Amazing amp. soooo versatile. So many knobs. So many footswitches. The reverb is pretty excellent, considering it's not a vintage Bassman or something along those lines.

Too bad it's soo expensive....
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
I have heard that the Egnator amp has bad reliability in the long term. But, that is only what I heard, take it with a grain of salt.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Looks and sounds very impressive from that video. Might have to check one out soon. I like the amount of features it has. You can turn the power down to 10W from a 100W head. Also has 4 channels. Might look like a winner.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12