So, I'm thinking about getting an Ashdown, but I decided I'd rather go with a head+cab instead of the combo. I'm looking at the MAG 600, but I don't know if I should go for an Ashdown cab as well.

Any suggestions, good sirs?
I posted a similar post earlier today...quite interested. Except I was looking at the EVO II combo. Any reason for the Head + Cab???
Well, I'd be able to get more power, and also, it would be more versatile (I guess).

To be honest, I don't really have a reason, it would just be more appealing to have the head+Cab... *shrugs*
Yargh, lad, ye cannae just be usin' the head to be playin' music.

Ye be needin' a cab, as they be the actual speakers.

YARGH!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Yargh, lad, ye cannae just be usin' the head to be playin' music.

Ye be needin' a cab, as they be the actual speakers.

YARGH!

+1 ter my good ol' shipmate.

A head ain't got ner speakers in. But that amp sure sets a good top speed and be a good un'.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Ok, now that we've established that, what kind of cabs would you suggest?
Yar, me hearty, I don't know why we're talkin' like pirates fer the life a me, but I'll do it anyway.

A while back I bought meself an Avatar Speakers B212 Neo. I'm very satisfied. It does the jarb well, with nary a complaint. I play with 2 guitarists, and one of them has one of those massive seafarin' Marshall JVM half-stacks, and ye can still hear me over the din. It be a wonderful soundin' cab, and not an expensive one neither, at a paltry $330. Or perhaps ye've got a little more money, and ye'd prefer to spend 400 duckets fer a lovely 4x10, again from Avatar. www.avatarspeakers.com
A guy in town was selling a MAG 600 + Ashdown 8x10. The head I've heard has some issues, nothing super serious, but beware. And don't get a Ashdown cab, theres better.
Quote by coolbassplyr09
what other cabs would do well since we're already changing subjects a little?

For cheap, Avatar is the way to go. If you like a modern sound, look for something with Neodymium magnets. They save weight, too.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I personally really like the Mesa Vintage Powerhouse 1200 if you got the $1,600 for it. The Bassman 410 is also a very tight cab for the price.
What's so funny about that?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
What's so funny about that?

Nothing, I just felt like saying "lol". : D

So majority agrees that Avatar Cabs are epic?
Bump.

So, what you guys say if I told you I'm gonna get a MAG 300H and an Avatar 212 Neo?
Seems like a good choice to me, I have been looking at that head too, heres a youtube video of a MAG 300 combo, with 4x 10" speakers, sounds very good in my ears:
Video =)

I know its different speakers than you said but still the amp would make the biggest part of the tone huh?
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Fender acoustic

Bass: Harley Benton HBB400TBK

Amp: Peavy valveking 112
Line6 POD HD500
Ok, I need another opinion. Do you think I should get a 4 or 8 ohm cabinet?