well i need a good gig bass amp thats kinda cheap and im not going to get if off ebay. and i also already used the search bar. im willing to pay in between 250-100
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
i'm interested in this one too...
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
Yeah, Ashdowns are good. Big, Loud affordable. Used them befor, Never owned one though
You can't have searched very well, there's threads about this all the time!
Every one gets the responce "ashdown"

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
try laney RB 4 or 3 and GK 112 or 115
they may like you
laney is really awesome
GK is a bit muddy IMO but it may like you
also try as many amps as you can
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Yer need to set sail for ya' neares' Guitar-Center or SoundControl n' give the amps a try.

After all, yer will 'av it for a few years so yer need it to be good.

Think of yer amp as ye rudder on ye ship, its vital that it wont fail ye while yer out at sea. Otherwise you'll av a mutiny on yer 'ands when the ship mates want to dock.

Yarghhh

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I played through ye olde Laney R4 or something me laddy at practice, and was not best impressed. I swigged the rum and returned to me olde Ashdown, much better quality me hearty thinks.
signature
Quote by dancesisidance
You can't have searched very well, there's threads about this all the time!
Every one gets the responce "ashdown"

i didnt find one with my price range.
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by |Heretic|

He needs prices in USD.

To be honest, you won't find anything gig worthy and great sounding in that price range.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Funkbass796
He needs prices in USD.

To be honest, you won't find anything gig worthy and great sounding in that price range.

there is people that gigs with 30 watts amps and just put a mic in the amp
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
This is an odd dilemma since you really can't something good and loud in that range. Perhaps a nice Aguilar or Sadowsky DI box would satisfy you? Will you be gigging somewhere where there's a PA system? At bestbassgear.com there's a new Aguilar DI that should be for sale soon, $189. Or maybe a lovely SansAmp? If there won't be a PA you can't even get one of those new Roland cube amps and mic it.

That was decidely pompous.
Quote by matosh.lee
well i need a good gig bass amp thats kinda cheap and im not going to get if off ebay. and i also already used the search bar. im willing to pay in between 250-100

used is your only option in this price range. look for used Peavey TNT's or simular amps. i strongly recommend a 1x15" at a minimum. single 8"s and 12"s, won't cut a live situation. i don't even endorse a 2x10", on their own, for live sets.
either buy used, or save some money.

Edit: just for the record, i've been playing a long time, and i have never bought a "brand new" amp. the used market is just a better, bang for the buck, choice.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Apr 6, 2008,
well im changing my idea. ill wait till my birthday for a hardcore serous gig amp. ill get a amp with like 30-45 watts maybe. any ideas for that in my price range
Quote by camhussynec

Thanks for nothing
The way I see it you can: buy a real junky new amp, and all right used amp, or buy a DI like the SansAmp or BBE. With these you won't have an amp but you'll take your sound and shoot it directly to the board and you'll go through the PA. None of the options are perfect, but on your budget it's pretty hard to accommodate.
I'm just curious, I feel like I've seen a bunch of people talking about making their main amp (or "hardcore serious gig amp") an amp with 45 watts or less. What's that all about? I thought it was pretty much unheard-of to use a bass amp with less than 100 watts. Plus, you usually need to double the guitarist, right? So are these people deluding themselves, or what?
Quote by the_woof
I'm just curious, I feel like I've seen a bunch of people talking about making their main amp (or "hardcore serious gig amp") an amp with 45 watts or less. What's that all about? I thought it was pretty much unheard-of to use a bass amp with less than 100 watts. Plus, you usually need to double the guitarist, right? So are these people deluding themselves, or what?

anything under 100 watts in the bass amp world that is not a solo practice amp is a waste of money. You need a minimum and i mean a bare bare minimum of 100 watts and a 15" speaker to gig and be resonably heard at practice.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by litus
try laney RB 4 or 3 and GK 112 or 115
they may like you
laney is really awesome
GK is a bit muddy IMO but it may like you
also try as many amps as you can

I find that laneys don't take downtuning very well and it goes incredibly muddy.