his name's jun626 and he plays a lot of zeppelin songs on youtube

and he gets the jimmy page tone DEAD ON using a marshall MG30DFX

Yes, you heard me, a MG30DFX.

Here's some videos of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ktUvxf7llM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vIn2gYoLZ0

So what do you guys think? Is it his guitars? His technique?

The amp he's using supposedly sucks, so I don't know how he's getting that tone
Actually the tone is not DEAD ON, in the first video i can definitely tell it was the MG. The second video i only watched it a bit but it was an alright tone. It's not as great as you make out to be.
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
I'm having trouble believing that's an MG series. If it really is, he, or one of his friends is an absolute master at sound editing, and completely unsucked the sound.
its definitely not dead on.... its close, but i guess an MG can only go so far.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Not saying the gear isn't important, but don't forget tone is also in his fingers.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
It was pretty good MGs arent that bad unless you turn them up, you see thats the probelm everyone on here thinks you have to crank your amp, so all solidstates sound bad to them. But really there just doing it wrong......Now a JCM800 would definately get a better tone but you can still get in the same ballpark with a well eq'd MG at low volumes with a good player.
Hey! I have the same amp and it rocks, it is still a Marshall!
I really think it is the guitar and how you set the settings. Turn down the contour and bring up the gain. Besides he is using a Les Paul in each one if I am not mistaken.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
It's the crushing overdrive. Dur.

Seriously, that "Black Dog" tone blows. The tone in the 2nd video was close, though.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
i used an MG for two years of lots of gigs and recording.
they're better than people on here make them out to be.
people just need to take their time with it. instead of just "omg wtf mids? no waiii!"
etc
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by atlasguitar
it is still a Marshall

its still a piece of **** too
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
yeah, I just listened to them again and maybe I did exaggerate a bit, but he definetely gets a very good tone for zeppelin. Here's a video of him playing immigrant song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpAv5KlXiU0&feature=related

and heartbreaker solo (i don't think his playing's too good on this one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDgTOTijZLk&feature=related

and his guitars are les paul copies. not even epiphones or gibsons. I think one's a copy from the 70s called a "burny," and the other's some random brand called "edwardo"
its probly the best tone for zep on youtube so thats as good as a Page tone you probly can find on youtube
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
YOU want a person who copies the exact tone, look up kobiba on youtube, he covers all of the GNR songs with precise tone.

Remember, "Kobiba"
Let me clarify something for all of you'll
SS:Best for bed room volume levels but sound like **** at high volume levels
Tube: doesn't sound Incredible at low volumes But at high levels the tubes hot so thus sounds ****ing awesome especially when compared to SS
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by ilikeguitar90
and his guitars are les paul copies. not even epiphones or gibsons. I think one's a copy from the 70s called a "burny," and the other's some random brand called "edwardo"

Edwards. It's one of the MIJ copies along with Burny. Both of which are much than a typical mid ranged Epi and could easily give a Gibson a run for it's money.

I gotta agree with everyone else though, none of it's dead on in my opinion. As with Page himself a lot of it's in his fingers, that's why some of the stuff sounds close.
He isn't using just a the amp he uses a Boss Me-20 or 50 in addition. He also nails the tones from the later beatles stuff.