I had just finished taking a shower and I was cleaning my ears. I put a q-tip (cotton swab) in my right ear then I felt something REALLY weird. The right side of my tongue felt like it was being poked with a needle in 1 spot near the back, then my right eye started tearing up like crazy, then my right nostril started leaking, and I began to cough up a lung (not literally). I felt like I was going to vomit so I stood above the sink (not the toilet cause I had taken a **** and forgotten to flush). After about 3-4 mins of coughing and my right side of my face acting weird, it went away. I'm still coughing a bit though but that's it.

Anyone have ANY idea what it was?

Oh yeah and I cleaned my left ear without and problems.

And no I didn't poke my brain.

Edit: I didn't pop my ear drum because I can hear fine with it.
Uh... you poked something bad.

Glad to see that my 1 year study of medicine pays off
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You might have released some fluids that were trapped (like a clot) and the sudden release into your brain caused you to go retardo for a second.
When in doubt, get your ass to a doctor.

An internet forum is not the place to be right now if you are worried about your well being.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan

Alvarez RD-8
Ibanez Jet King 2
More importantly, did you remember to flush the toilet afterwards? There's nothing worse than walking into a bathroom and finding out someone dropped a deuce and didn't flush. ****ing smells man. Not a pretty sight either.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
u hav teh AIDS!!!1111 olololol

Now that that's out of the way, I think that you poked something that you're not supposed to poke.

That is all.
Quote by barb3rman
More importantly, did you remember to flush the toilet afterwards? There's nothing worse than walking into a bathroom and finding out someone dropped a deuce and didn't flush. ****ing smells man. Not a pretty sight either.

Wrong thread, perhaps?
Quote by barb3rman

What if the entrant to the bathroom area has a scat/poo fetish?
You may have just poked a nerve or your eardrum causing something to become irritated or something. I dont know, just a thought.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
wait, you continued on to your left ear after nearly dying with the right? thats brave man.

oh, and im a doctor, and i can say with certainty that you just had a stroke. please deliver yourself to the nearest funeral parlor.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Stroke.

See Doctor.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
well, geez, how far did you stick the ****in q-tip in your ear? lol.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
once again, someone tells the pit about whats wrong with them instead of seeing a real doctor... *facepalm*
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Wow. That's really weird. Usually medical questions on UG are pretty minor, but I would seriously consider getting that checked out.
I didn't go to a real doctor cause I'm better now.

And I didn't stick it in any deeper than I normally do.
Let's see, object enters left side of the brain, right side of the body goes crazy.
That's a stroke, my friend. Good luck with physical therapy.
Edit: Oops, right ear. Well, still sounds like a stroke to me.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Last edited by mesopatamius at Apr 5, 2008,
Quote by Doppelgänger

Wrong thread, perhaps?

Huh? TS clearly stated that he was standing over the sink because he had taken a **** and forgotten to flush. Read the whole post. Sheesh.

Quote by MeltingWaxFace
What if the entrant to the bathroom area has a scat/poo fetish?

Well, I personally do not have such a fetish. If you know for a fact that the next person to enter the bathroom gets his jollies by looking at poo then by all means don't flush. Just be damned sure I don't accidentally make it into the bathroom before the guy with the weird fetish.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Quote by Thornography

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!! ooooo
Nighty Night keep your butthole tight
Quote by AlexiSinergy
I heard my mom talking to her friend about going to a ****ing dildo party!
It was just a nerve you probably hit. Sometimes I get a pimple in a specific place near my eyelash and it sends me into sneezing fits when I pop it :-\.
You probably just hit a nerve, or something.

Also... after that happened to you, WHY THE HELL DID YOU GO AND CLEAN THE LEFT EAR?!
You may have released some clotted fluids in your ear, and the sudden rush caused your body to **** up for a moment.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Quote by Thornography

somebody sig that. Now...

oh and if you released some some fluids, could that have been an annurism or however the **** you say it?
Haha i would very much like to see a pic of when this happened, your facial expression
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by MeltingWaxFace
You might have released some fluids that were trapped (like a clot) and the sudden release into your brain caused you to go retardo for a second.

That seems like a reasonable explanation. It's happened to me before, but not quite to the extent that you described
poked a nerve maybe???happens to me occasionaly.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Thornography
I had just finished taking a shower and I was cleaning my ears. I put a q-tip (cotton swab) in my right ear then I felt something REALLY weird. The right side of my tongue felt like it was being poked with a needle in 1 spot near the back, then my right eye started tearing up like crazy, then my right nostril started leaking, and I began to cough up a lung (not literally). I felt like I was going to vomit so I stood above the sink (not the toilet cause I had taken a **** and forgotten to flush). After about 3-4 mins of coughing and my right side of my face acting weird, it went away. I'm still coughing a bit though but that's it.

Anyone have ANY idea what it was?

Oh yeah and I cleaned my left ear without and problems.

And no I didn't poke my brain.

Edit: I didn't pop my ear drum because I can hear fine with it.

SILLY!!,thats not Q-tips,thats a chisel and hammer that messes with your inner ear,And therefor your balance,which makes you feel off balance and weird.

seriously tho,careful with the Q-tips this isn't one of those things you had as a child where you smash the shapes into the right holes,God I love those things

edit : Yeah man on a serious note,probably honestly screwed up your inner ear and knocked your balance out of wack because the fluid in your inner ear completely controls your sense of balance,if you felt like you couldn't tell what was up or down,like your floating underwater,then that might be it,I dunno about the other symptoms tho! Doctors FTW.
Last edited by Washburn1342 at Apr 6, 2008,
Quote by Pinkbelly
When in doubt, get your ass to a doctor.

An internet forum is not the place to be right now if you are worried about your well being.

yes.
from daylight...
...into darkness