Ok so I was restringing my guitar for drop C and its already been setup for that and I decided to restring it myself this time.

I usually get ppl to do it for me for free, but I guess I ****ed up some how. I have no strings for it and its been sitting around with no tension (since none of the strings r on).

Will this hurt the guitar since I don't have all the strings to put on it if I leave it like this over night?
one night no but if possible put one or two strings on so there is at least some tension
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
yeah one night your fine but no longer or you might screw up the tuss rods i say do what BAoxymoron said keep some tension on it
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
You won't screw anything up by leaving the strings off. Don't listen to these guys.
if he leaves it off his truss rod will need adjustment(certain truss rods will hold the neck position better than others) and if its a lower end guitar there is the possibility the neck will crack. Now the later will only happen if he a very unlucky SOB but its not worth the risk.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by crazywhiteboi94
^ agreed. no problem with having your strings off...

+infinity

the myth that leaving your guitar without strings is the most ridiculous guitar related myth I have ever heard
it can affect the bend on your neck(esp. with ****ty truss rods) and freq change in neck bend can lead to crack esp. on cheap necks
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
it can affect the bend on your neck(esp. with ****ty truss rods) and freq change in neck bend can lead to crack esp. on cheap necks

Dude, it's a piece of wood thats nearly an inch thick, and it's hardly bent at all. You are not going to mess it up in any way by leaving the strings off of it.
it dry wood that means it doesn't take stress very well
-George Will

^Trust me, it's not that dry. It would have to have a moisture content of about 3% for it to even be a possible problem, and wood sitting around in the average home (even if the wood is finished) will be about 5-10% moisture. If you don't believe me, ask a bowyer.
yes but this is a guitar
-George Will

The great you guitar explodes if you leave the strings of for more than a second myth. I do it all the time. Bit hard to put pickups in a guitar if the strings are on it. And painting one takes a while never seen anybody paint a guitar with strings on it. I have never seen a craked neck for leaving strings off. And Im willing to bet nobody else has but they have heard of one from a friend of a friends second cousin.
i left the strings of my sg for like 6 months one time, and the truss rod only needed to be adjusted like .004 inches