Alright. So I went out to get a job a month ago, thinking I'd get a standard minimum wage job, and in a few month's I'd get some new mics for my guitars and drums.

It just so happens that I applied to a sonic.
This sonic, happens to be the third busiest sonic in Texas. Including houston, dalllas, austin, etc.
The manager at a fastfood resturant, is making a quarter of the monthly profit, and pulling in 90-100 thousand dollars a year.

So needless to say, my tips kick ass.

So rather than waiting a few months, its been three weeks, and I've already made enough for a set of sure drum mics (57's and beta 52's) As well as two AKG 300 large diaphragm condensers for overheads and a sennheiser for my guitars.

in the past week, I made another 300 dollars, and I only got tips two days.

So all in all, I make about 100 dollars a night, including tax, So hit me up with some suggestions.

I play A synyster custom With an invader and tonezone, and a C1+ with an invader and a tonezone, through a vintage blues junior, and a b52 At112, I've got a crybaby from hell, a boss phaser, a danelectro chorus, a line six delay modeler, a ds1, a ds2, a g7 eq, a channel switcher, some vintage strats, a yamaha, cordoba, ibanez, and sonata acoustics.

I've been looking at a Framus Cobra/Dragon, ENGL powerball, Bogner uberschall, and an egnator.

As for guitars, I've been looking at getting another schecter, preferably a seven string with out a floyd, and with active pickups. The new blackjack atx's are nice, but does anyone have any experience with Blackouts?

I play Rock, Thrash, Hardcore, and melodic metal (Killswitch sorta stuff).

Im open to suggestions on utilities, pickups, guitars, amps, effects, studio equipment (Have a nice 8 simultaneous track recorder, with pro tools and antares auto tune already). My band does play live and record.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I would go with the Uberschall. And you seem to be lacking an Overdrive pedal, so i would also look in to a FullTone OCD. Maybe a Gig-FX Mega-Wah?
I really like the uberschall, I've played one twice.

Do you think it'll be able to get the same tight low end as the powerball though?
Thats my only real concern.

And matching bogner cab, or avatar custom cab?
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x

i got nothing to recommend honestly, your getting enough mney that it doesnt really matter what you get in what order casue youll be able to afford the next thing in a short amount of time, als i cant get a job like that metal heads with metalhead hair and gauged earrings cant get jobs at "family places"
I highly recommend the Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string. Now comes with a TOM and Floyd. I also recommend an ENGL. Freaking awesome amps, and tons of 7 string players use them, like Jeff Loomis, Chris Broderick and a handful of people I know.
Quote by F8iscruel
i got nothing to recommend honestly, your getting enough mney that it doesnt really matter what you get in what order casue youll be able to afford the next thing in a short amount of time, als i cant get a job like that metal heads with metalhead hair and gauged earrings cant get jobs at "family places"

Long hair here. There's a girl that works where I do with guaged ears that I can easily see through when she's not working.

Just get place holders, or take them out. It's well worth the money. I only work five nights a week too.

Thats the only other thing I forgot to mention.

No more red guitars. I already own 4.
Ideally, White, Creme, Sunburst, tobbacco burst, Blue, Green is the absolute best.

EDIT:

Yea, the only thing they aren't going to deal well with, are like, full sleeve tattoos, excessive facial hair, or disgusting long hair. If you take care of it you'll be fine. I dont even have to tie mine back, I just tuck it over the back of the visor.

It looks silly, but nobody cares.

Also, its a big plus if you're a female. I know chicks who come home with 150-200 dollars after a 10 hour shift in a weekday, and upwards of 200 on a friday or weekend.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

PM me, or just say # x

Last edited by Zach_F at Apr 6, 2008,
Quote by F8iscruel

I have seriously long hair and I'm a giant metal head(among other things), and I've had plenty of jobs. My current on is at a mexican restaurant where I get the same amount of moeny as the OP. You've just got to do the right things and research places.
see i would like to get a job at a mall or something but, i got a big head and as it stands i have one of two choices , wait till my hair get about an inch longer so i can put it in aq ponytail or cut it all off
+ i dont want to get a job in fast food, theyre al;ways not that great (cept for the guy who posted the thread apparently lol)
You could also go another route. You could get like a custom Carvin or something if you're looking to dish out a bit more money. Great guitars.
True, And I love the carvin finishes.
As lame as they sound, the "Dragon burst" Is gorgeous. Its blue and green burst, over flamed maple.

Thats a very viable option.

I'll look into it, thanks : ).
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

PM me, or just say # x

Quote by F8iscruel
see i would like to get a job at a mall or something but, i got a big head and as it stands i have one of two choices , wait till my hair get about an inch longer so i can put it in aq ponytail or cut it all off

You could wait or get some hair clips or something. That's what I did for like a month until I could get my hair in a pony tail.

THREAD HIJACK >_>
Quote by Zach_F
True, And I love the carvin finishes.
As lame as they sound, the "Dragon burst" Is gorgeous. Its blue and green burst, over flamed maple.

Thats a very viable option.

I'll look into it, thanks : ).

+0592647567 dragon burst is completely awesome, and it seems to be right up your alley. =)
Well...If I want to work for three years and not spend any of my money AT ALL.
Why not...

Oh yea.

It's the electric forum.
Heh.

And asides from that, I'll politely decline, and point out, Im genuinely not trying to brag, nor am I just inheriting this money, I work my ass off running back and forth to cars and dealing with irate suburbanites that don't understand why we cant honor 3 year old coupons, and insist that we still MUST have something that went off the menu 6-8 month's ago.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

PM me, or just say # x

I know, I keed, I keed. I have a friend who works at Swenson's so I have a rough idea of your situation.

I have a C-1 Classic myself. The only downfall is that it isn't great for metal. So if you get another Schecter, go with something with active pickups. I had a blast with one of the FR Hellraisers.
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
diezel herbert but it'll be awhile
in the mean time Ran guitars
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I never knew that Sonic employees were paid in tips...I work at the Olive Garden and during a weekday lunch for 4-5 hours, I can walk with 50-60 after tipping out. I don't really have any recommendations seeing as my knowledge on gear is...low. My apologies sir
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Hells yea. Sonic is a beautiful place, just not on tuesday's, or between 2-4 pm.
But its a beautiful time for tips.

And It so happens that the diezel herbert would be one of the easier ones for me to get a hold of.

I have LOADS of close friends and family in germany that I could have purchase one for me than send them the money, and consequently avoid much of the hassle and some of the extra fee's associated with importing, than I can file it as a buisness expense for the home studio im running in conjuction with a friend and band I play in, and pay even less, if any tax on it.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

PM me, or just say # x

if you have friends in poland you should also get ran guitars they're great
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
but diezel is definitely the best buy especially for metal
-George Will