Page 1 of 3
ok has anyone ever had the problom where your woman wants you to STOP playing guitar,like forever! did this ever happen to anyone else cuz it happened to me this is how it went
her:you love that piece of damn wood more than me
me:at least i can make it squeal and it dosen't bitch at me!!
her: :0...
yeah so did this happen to anyone,ever?
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
im 14 but its still not the point she wanted me t stop playing guitar,screw her man.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.

Nop, get a groupie like the rest of us.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by Flying Couch
How old are you, dude?

Ignore this guy

NEVER leave guitar for any girl. Girls, are important but its good you did not give in to her stupidity.
Thumbs up for that
Quote by jwax
im 14 but its still not the point she wanted me t stop playing guitar,screw her man.

That explains everything.
Quote by jwax
Oh, I wasn't trying to be venomous, it was more like, "Damn, he must be dating a 12-year old for that to be true." She sounds immature. You're 14, and can rid yourself of her without problem.

On-topic, no I've never had a girl be anything but supportve of my playing.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Apr 6, 2008,
be a man and dump her (we all know guitars are what you should choose)
forget girlfriends
join band
get groupies
become STD infected mutant

edit: who needs 1 girlfriend when your a guitarist
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
my ex told me i loved my guitar more then her but she was just joking. she really liked that i played a lot
to Jacob Baldwin
i did dump her,i cant believe she insulted my guitar i made that pissed me off

jsut think when your even better at the guitar because of it, you can have a playmmate girlfriend, whos laughing now?

Playmate= some cheap hooker
I smacked a girl in the head with the headstock of my Telecaster.

..It was on accident though.
Quote by hoootlilboy
jsut think when your even better at the guitar because of it, you can have a playmmate girlfriend, whos laughing now?

Playmate= some cheap hooker

lol

lol im 15, tunring 16 this month. anyways. thats pretty immature? i mena, she shuold be mature enoguh to know that everyone has a hobby.
you could make a blues song about it
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock
Quote by millencolin182
you could make a blues song about it

i am now if you wanna help you can lol

Quote by HandsomeFrank
I smacked a girl in the head with the headstock of my Telecaster.

..It was on accident though.
Once, I had just restrung my Taylor. I hadn't cut the excess off at the tuners yet, though, and almost impaled a chick on it.
I had a girl who told me to not do a gig because she wanted to something with me.... I played the gig.
Quote by dean.guitar.man
you shoulda been all like hey you stop ur bitching and make me a pie or il kick you in the NUTS!!!!111

Whatever you say Cartman. Anyway, TS, you're 14, of course she told you not to play guitar, kids your age (no offense or anything intended here) are pretty asinine when it comes to dating and "love". She was probably after more attention, so yeah, obviously it wasn't worth it to stay.

In my personal experience, I have never had a girl tell me not to play, in fact, there has been nothing but support for it.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
B.B. King comes to mind.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
haha yea. my last chick was awesome. she played guitar too so i could play guitar either at my place or hers, but the 2 before that kept bitchin at me for playing.

here are some tips for all of you who have this problem:
when the girl says turn it down, what do you do? CRANK THE AMP UP TO 11!!!!!!!
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
can't say ive ever lost a girl to guitar.
in fact, in some cases its been quite a helpful perk
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
im lucky, my GF plays guitar too
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
You should call her and say that you really need to talk to her. When she comes over, start playing Hey There Delilah, but with different lyrics, the message being **** off.

"Hey there you skank-ho, are ya done with all your bitching/I've had it up to here and damn, you look real ****tay, yes you do"
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
My guitar has been nothing but helpful. My girlfriend as anything if not supportive. I swear guys, best tool in our asses is the acoustic guitar. Pick up a chick that way, and she will love to hear you rock out with your electric just as well. Our guits are the ULTIMATE TOOL, and its all about using the right ones at the right time. Just like pedals, different ones for different songs. Well what I'm speaking of is the same thing. DON'T serenade a girl under her window playing Enter Sandman on your BC Rich. Why not try something crappy... like Wonderwall on your Martin. 'Nuff said!
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
the only woman that's supportive of my playing is my mom. girls usually think it's cool that i play guitar, but they mostly say stupid things like OMG PLAY SOME COOL POP THINGS
Tell her to shuv it. This week it's stop playing guitar. Next week it's "stop eating cause your getting fat, stop ****ting cause it makes the bathroom stink, stop breathing cause your fogging up the windows"
Girlfriend= Sexy time just with her
Guitar= Sexy time with "just" 3 chicks after your kicka@@ gig.

Go ahead man, pick which one. lol
Quote by Chris_Parker
You should call her and say that you really need to talk to her. When she comes over, start playing Hey There Delilah, but with different lyrics, the message being **** off.

"Hey there you skank-ho, are ya done with all your bitching/I've had it up to here and damn, you look real ****tay, yes you do"

LMFAO
+100 to u my friend
Chris_Parker, u rock

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Dude when I was 14 playing guitar was the only way to pull!

And it worked if I didn't play guitar I'd still be a virgin because I'm an ugly f**k.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
haven't lost one yet to guitar... but if that day comes shes getting a big fat GTFO ... hopefully never to see her again... thats quite ****ty... shouldn't have to choose between to great things in life like that
Page 1 of 3