hey i was just wondering what people think about double neck guitars in general
Too heavy.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
They are hot but annoying. I had one and did not use it much. It was annoying. It was cool but annoying.
my girlfriends dad makes guitars and hes going to make me a sg style double neck for about 700 ..good deal?
he just has that outline thats why for now anyways and i cant complain really
Once I was in a guitar store. This was before I knew about the Great Stairway Rule. Anyway, I played the entire forbidden song on an ED-1275, the clerk waited until I was done, then he politely told me to GTFO.
^ same here, but Eruption on a Dime-o-Flame.

but for 700$ hes making it for me i cant really complain right...so ...just wanted to know about double necks ive always wanted one... i might get him to make me some more after aswell
I'd love to have own one.

Make no mistake; I have utterly no use for one. But I'd play it on stage, and be like, "You wish you were this badass."
haha yeah, im more an acoustic guy and im starting to play electric...its a total change i feel...so i have to get used to playing electric...but yeah what about colours? what could should it be? im more of a wood finish sort of thing but whats some peoples advice?
They're more for show than performance.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Devine49
haha yeah, im more an acoustic guy and im starting to play electric...its a total change i feel...so i have to get used to playing electric...but yeah what about colours? what could should it be? im more of a wood finish sort of thing but whats some peoples advice?

Natural all the way, especially for acoustics, they just shouldn't be painted.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Devine49
im talking about the double neck electric....which colour?
For an EDS-1275-styled thing... cherry red or white, all the way.
Dude... Swirl...

I think double-necks are amazing. I'm saving up to order a custom double neck thats my dream guitar. sure they're heavy, but theres so much you can do with em plus the look hella cool.
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
They're cool, I played a strat styled one and a SG styled, and loved the strat feel, just not for me, and the gibson was ridiculously neck heavy. Cool, but nothing to play live with, dislocate your shoulder after a while of standing there with a massive guitar hangin from you. But that's a good deal for a double neck for sure, trusting he's a good builder.
oh hes amazing! hes already made 2 other 6 string electics a bass and a slide guitar
how the **** would you even play that bottom one.... how the **** would you play any of them and be able to stand, walk , it would break your back....wow!
Quote by Flying Couch
I'd love to have own one.

Make no mistake; I have utterly no use for one. But I'd play it on stage, and be like, "You wish you were this badass."

rofl that made me have a good laugh