So lets get right to it:
it's a 2007 MIM Strat that i carved out and made it HSH. I wanted a diverse range of tone combos so I didn’t do your normal matching... The neck is a Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1n. Middle is a Seymour Duncan Alnico II RWRP, and the bridge is a DiMarzio X2N. This combo provides 3 different tone qualities neck="oh", mid="ah, bridge="eh" (Not sure if that will make sense but sound it out you'll get my point lol).

Jumping on the bandwagon for the latest trend of adding killswitches (momentary on/off buttons) was something I wanted to mess with for some effects, and I also wanted to do a "neck-on" option. Wouldn’t it be cool to have the neck pickup also be capable of being "flicked" on/off in combination?

so basically, its a neck-on mod with a killswitch that in normal mode kills all output... but when the neck-on is active, it only kills the neck sound.

I did this with:
500k STDP push/pull pot from DiMarzio
N/C (normally closed) Mini Momentary button SPST
2x 500k Pots for tone - also from DiMarzio
OEM strat 5 way switch
22awg wire

Heres the plan:

I also changed the wiring around from what fender did stock. There was a lot of excess wiring and I also wanted to use the tone capacitor for both pots. You'll notice i also did a "star" ground but out of simplicity rather than purpose (guitars dont need a star ground like amp or high power electronics do).

So after waiting since feb. for all my parts to arrive from music123 (dimarzio changed the style of their pots in the middle of my order lol) I ripped into the guitar and removed everything to start fresh.

Stock knobs - the DiMarzio speed knobs (gibson LP style) did not fit on their push/pull (how stupid is that?!). This is the "normal" down look.

...and with the vol pot in the "up" position which will add in the neck pickup.

Test fit everything back into the guitar cavity to make sure the push/pull fit and then started wiring it up. An adjustable temp soldering iron is key here.

Once everything was soldered up (2 days later lol) I organized the wires and tied them up.

Soldered up the leads from the output jack as well as the body and springs in the back. You can see the main ground here a little better - it's a ring terminal between the volume pot and the shielding but i bent open the wire crimp shaft and used that as a shelf to solder the grounds to.

Since my hands are big and if you play for real your hands get sweaty I found i couldn’t get a grip on the volume pot to pull it up quickly... so again after cursing dimarzio for making knobs that don’t fit their pots, i did some trickery.

using a drill, i stuck the knob on a short pencil and loaded it into the drill. using a D shaped file i added a bevel to the knob. Not the greatest, but it'll do for now. works awesome too.

And with everything loaded up, i double checked my wiring and buttoned everything back together.

What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR
First impressions:

The 500k pots sound awesome, very crisp and clear - even more so when massive amounts of distortion is added in.

The killswitch works fine as expected. Being backwords from what most do i thought it would be tricky to get used to "in" being off... but it required no learning curve.

The neck-on killswitching is pretty cool... you really have to do it with higher notes or with the tone pots set oposite. What you get is a "wah" effect but lightning fast. You can also grab some harmonics off the first 2 seconds of a note and that sounds awesome too.

Hope you enjoyed my project!~
-D
What I play:
'08 Strat HSH
Boss Micro-BR
Man that looks awesome. Tough luck on the pots being changed midway through your order, but sounds like it was worth it, eh? sound clips would be cool of this "wah" effect!
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
coolio
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
thanks, yeah i gotta figure out how to get some mp3's off my microBR
What I play:
'08 Strat HSH
Boss Micro-BR
the beveled knob tip is friggin awesome. i hated push/pull knobs on strat knobs until now. to you.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Thanks man, the more i use it the more i like it! I think i'll actually grab 3 new black ones and make a better setup and do all 3 like that
What I play:
'08 Strat HSH
Boss Micro-BR
That soundclip of the neck pickup being cut off is sweet! Always like hearing someone's project after its done.
and welcome to the bandwagon of adding killswitches
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
but the beveled knob is a really good idea.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard