i was trying to put some heavy strings on my guitar today and i have a floyd rose tremolo, when i tighten up the strings they pull the tremolo all the way up, would putting some extra springs in the back help fix this?
actually, you should be able to remedy the problem at least a bit if you screw in the hook thing that attaches to the springs in the back. but really, you'd probably be better off just getting it professionally set up or sticking with the standard string gauge.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Either that or tighten up the claw in the back cavity.
No big deal, but you usually need to reset your floyd after changing gauges/tunings.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Yeah just tighten up the claw in the back.
I use 52-10's in standard tuning and I didn't need an extra spring.
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Quote by SOADwannabe
Yeah just tighten up the claw in the back.
I use 52-10's in standard tuning and I didn't need an extra spring.

The stings i got are DR Mega heavys (.56-.13)
You will also need to adjust your truss rod because your neck will be bent upward more, so the action will suck. I recommend letting it set up professionally, or find a guide on the truss rod.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ryan_DXMG
The stings i got are DR Mega heavys (.56-.13)

Are you drop-tuning? Because if you aren't get new strings, Floyd's are designed to work with 9's or 10's in standard. There's going to be a hell of a lot of tension with 13's and if it's a cheap Floyd it'll probably crap out in no time, I personally wouldn't do it even with a good bridge.

Either way the bridge is going to be near-unusable with 13's. You either need to change strings or change guitars.

Moral of the story - do your research and buy things that are suitable for what you want to do.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Are you drop-tuning? Because if you aren't get new strings, Floyd's are designed to work with 9's or 10's in standard. There's going to be a hell of a lot of tension with 13's and if it's a cheap Floyd it'll probably crap out in no time, I personally wouldn't do it even with a good bridge.

Either way the bridge is going to be near-unusable with 13's. You either need to change strings or change guitars.

Moral of the story - do your research and buy things that are suitable for what you want to do.

Yeah, I play in Drop-C
You shouldn't have to put in an extra spring if you're tuned that low, you sohuld be able to balance the bridge just by using the trem claw screws.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com