my nan came over and gave me this guitar, it has been sitting in her closet for 30 years (no joke). what do u think.

I know i posted this thread earlier but lots of posts were wasted when my pic wasn't working..

p.s. i know it has no strings because i have been re-soldering the insides
its the bastard child of an sg and a strat... i kinda like it.

FYI don't leave it unstringed like that because the pressure the strings keep on your neck may cause it to become warped if you take the strings off like that
Gibson sg?
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
What I did with my old guitar was I tuned it to a different tuning than my main guitar (Since it has a floating bridge) so if i ever had to change tuning to learn a new song on my main guitar i could rather just use my old one since it's easier.
Last edited by mynamesedson at Apr 6, 2008,
Quote by Angry-Mares
FYI don't leave it unstringed like that because the pressure the strings keep on your neck may cause it to become warped if you take the strings off like that

No it won't.
wow. that looks really cool
it looks sort of like an SG crossed with a jaguar.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Is that some kind of Fender- Gibson Jaguar Sg? :S

Anyways, killer looking guitar :0

EDIT: Argh, beaten to it.
soz about the reaccuring thread,

ok i will restring it soon

no its not a gibson SG its a SAKAI (they might be rare because there is very little about them on the net)
Quote by Angry-Mares
its the bastard child of an sg and a strat... i kinda like it.

i will only warp(twist) if you leave tension on one side of the neck and not the other
song stuck in my head today

does anyone have any info or experience with SAKAI guitars. there is very little about them on the internet i want to know if my model is common and if it is a quality guitar.
I think Sakai's are really crappy cheap guitars. For your sake I hope not though!
if theres little on the internet about them they're either real crap or really really rare and thus expensive.

Hopefully the latter, for your sake
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
i dont want to be the only asshole but you shold prob post that in the electric guitar forum
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"