So I just finished watching season 1 and I have to say that this is my new favorite show, I must get season 2 as soon as possible. I won't be watching any of the new season until I finish season 2 and 3. Starbuck is my favorite character. Does anyone here watch Battlestar Galactica?
Last edited by Spockleatard at Apr 6, 2008,
"... Alright Alright, thats all for tonights KISS forum, up next the 'robot voice' Battlestar Galactica Forum...." - Family Guy

sorry, first thing that popped into my head. Only thing i know about the show is that the presumably hot asian chick is form my home city.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Everyone knows that show gets crushed by it's musical counterpart.

Battlestar Scralatchtica!
I play guitar. So I joined a club about it.

Quote by copet
Why has Kirk Hammett not been in G3? Figure Joe has invited him but he is too busy with Metallica?

I watched it after my nerd friends kept raving about it. It made me angry.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Spockleatard
Lol it's a great show, I'm addicted right now to it.

What do you like about it? I'm open to it, but I don't like it. I've been told that it's because I haven't followed the story.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

i seen this show on sci fi...while viewing the guide thingy...but never bothered to take a look...i might check it out now though...
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by terrencemaddox
What do you like about it? I'm open to it, but I don't like it. I've been told that it's because I haven't followed the story.

Mostly the story, it has an exciting epic story about these Robot species called Cylons that were created by Humans and they rebelled and started killing humans until they were chased away and forced to create their own civilization is some other planet, it's 30 years later and the Cylons have come back to kill the humans, I tried watching it before I knew what was going on but I couldn't get into it, you have to watch them in order because it's you wont know what's going on. It also has a great cast, the cast has always been a huge part of why I like a show and I love the cast.
I tried to watch it, but i have not been able to sit through a single episode without getting bored and flicking over to anything else. Way too much talkings, not nearly enough action. the action that is there is really tacky and badly created. In today's world, with the technology and special effects that are available, gallactica doesn't hold up. But ive never been a fan of Sci-fi stuff. Star Wars being the only exception i believe
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Quote by Spockleatard
Mostly the story, it has an exciting epic story about these Robot species called Cylons that were created by Humans and they rebelled and started killing humans until they were chased away and forced to create their own civilization is some other planet, it's 30 years later and the Cylons have come back to kill the humans, I tried watching it before I knew what was going on but I couldn't get into it, you have to watch them in order because it's you wont know what's going on. It also has a great cast, the cast has always been a huge part of why I like a show and I love the cast.

Fair enough. I'll start from the beginning and check it out.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by terrencemaddox
Fair enough. I'll start from the beginning and check it out.

Cool
I love that show.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
The great part about BSG is it's approachability to non-sci fi fans, since it's never focused on the silly technological advancements (of which there are few...Light-speed motion's the only one used often). Anyway, Season 4 so far is AWESOME...can't wait to see what she (not being specific so not to spoil people) will do next.
I've watched every episode, I've waited for a loooong time to see the season 4 début, and it was worth it!

It's the best sci-fi show ever made, and I've watched a lot of sci-fi in my day. I didn't even know that there were any other UGers here who admit to watching it.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Best show on tv. Season four should be awesome, sucks that it will be the last.
Quote by Like Fire
Best show on tv. Season four should be awesome, sucks that it will be the last.

Nah. It's about quality...there's only one or two episodes I did not like after four seasons (the only real atrocious one was "A Day in the Life").

Besides, there's Caprica, the prequel, that's been greenlighted.
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Nah. It's about quality...there's only one or two episodes I did not like after four seasons (the only real atrocious one was "A Day in the Life").

Besides, there's Caprica, the prequel, that's been greenlighted.

I know, after too many seasons they become strained for episode ideas and stuff but it is still sad so see it go.

never heard of the prequel, about the creation of the creation of the cylons or the first cylon war i presume

has anyone seen the battlestar galactica show from 1978?
I've heard that was terrible. Even if Tom Zareck was Apollo.

And I think Caprica's going to be about everything up to the creation of the first Cylon (the Centurion, not the humanoid models).
I find the word Caprica so overused in the show. A big part of the first two seasons took place on Caprica, Baltar's six is nicknamed Caprica-Six, the humans settled on New Caprica, Caprica this, Caprica that...

And now a new series called Caprica... great!
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO