I need suggestions for a new guitar and amp.
Right now my guitar is a Yamaha ERG-121 and my amp is a Hughes & Kettner 15-DFX.
The amp and guitar shouldn't cost over 1500euros(1183pounds/2359dollars) put together.

The guitar needs to:
- have a hardtail bridge (no tremolo)
- have 6 strings
- be fairly good for all styles of music (i mainly play rock and metal though)
- sustain well (thru-neck or glued on neck?)

The amp needs to:
- be a transistor combo (lack of space) that can also be used when playing with a band and at small gigs
Last edited by guitar_queero at Apr 6, 2008,
Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Custom
Fender Highway 1 Strat or MIM Strat
Ibanez RG series

For amps im not too sure maybe a Mesa Boogie or a Marshall Valvestate
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Custom
Fender Highway 1 Strat or MIM Strat
Ibanez RG series

For amps im not too sure maybe a Mesa Boogie or a Marshall Valvestate

Your almost as bad as the guy who was comparing a Krankenstein to a spider 15 watt.
I'm not sure of the prices outside of Australia but if its within your budget the RG 321 and an ENGL screamer would be an awesome set up just as the guy before me said. If you have any cash left over you could get an EQ and then hopefully that gear would keep you happy for a fair while.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Your almost as bad as the guy who was comparing a Krankenstein to a spider 15 watt.
I'm not sure of the prices outside of Australia but if its within your budget the RG 321 and an ENGL screamer would be an awesome set up just as the guy before me said. If you have any cash left over you could get an EQ and then hopefully that gear would keep you happy for a fair while.

Girl. He should have some cash to spare methinks.
Oh sorry, haha you must be pissed it even says 'is female' and you still get people like me calling you a guy.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by guitar_queero
I need suggestions for a new guitar and amp.
Right now my guitar is a Yamaha ERG-121 and my amp is a Hughes & Kettner 15-DFX.
The amp and guitar shouldn't cost over 1500euros(1183pounds/2359dollars) put together.

The guitar needs to:
- have a hardtail bridge (no tremolo)
- have 6 strings
- be fairly good for all styles of music (i mainly play rock and metal though)
- sustain well (thru-neck or glued on neck?)

The amp needs to:
- be a combo (lack of space) that can also be used when playing with a band and at small gigs

Gibson LP studio, Marshall jcm 800/900 combo
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
i have a Peavey VK 112 which i think sounds good and it was about 450 euros. it is 50 watts and should be absolutely fine for practice and small gigs. and you can always mic it up if it needs to be a bit louder. i would also recommend the fender super sonic, although i have never used one, and i dont know what price they generally are.

that would leave you with just over 1000 euros for a guitar. i think that would get you a decent first hand guitar, but it depends what sound you want for your rock and metal. you may want to look into second hand guitars -- just make sure it is in good condition (maybe consult someone who knows more about 2nd hand gear) and you might be able to get a pro guitar for 1000 euros or less. you may even find a 2nd hand gibson sg for under 1000 euros, and they are quite versatile and great for rock and metal. they also have good sustain.

you could also sell your current guitar and amp to increase your budget a bit.

there are so many options to consider in your situation. my advice is to really narrow it down and figure out the combination of guitar and amp (and effects, if you're into that) which would best suit what you are looking for.

hope that helps. good luck!
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50