Ok, well I'm sitting here at my computer trying to buy Glasto tickets.
More to the point I'm sitting here at my computer, with my laptop and my housemates laptop trying to get Glasto tickets. It's been 45 minutes of solid 3-computer-refreshing so far and no luck... hopefully it'll be worth it though!

So how many of you scallywags are planning on going to this glorious festival?

Share stories, ideas, plans, lineup wishes/concerns, and lets all talk about how annoying it is to get a ticket nowadays.
I'd love to go one day, but the tickets have just got ridiculous. My uncle and 15 of his mates used to drive down on the day and get in. Now can't you only buy two tickets on once credit card? Ughhh very annoying, although Leeds fest site is only 10 minutes away from me, so I'll be off there.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
yeh i've been to glastonbury twice... the first time i only just got them but the last time we had to actually enter a competition to get them... can't get them this year... needed to register on the website or something to get them :S going to leeds instead
yeah Im trying, constantly refreshing websites and ringing. This sucks
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Quote by ~Funky monk~
yeh i've been to glastonbury twice... the first time i only just got them but the last time we had to actually enter a competition to get them... can't get them this year... needed to register on the website or something to get them :S going to leeds instead

I'll look out for you at Leeds.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Still going on the refreshing... On the plus side, it's snowing in Brighton! It never snows in Brighton...
Quote by Tom Martin
Still going on the refreshing... On the plus side, it's snowing in Brighton! It never snows in Brighton...

Perhaps its a sign. hoope they get some good bands in - fatboy slim?
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Got my tickets after 1 hour 50 minutes. I am extremelely dissapointed with the website. I got through to the actual order form and filled in my details four times before it actually worked. Each time i submitted all my credit card details it went back to the "website is busy" page.

What a pile of wank.
Quote by Greenie_777
Got my tickets after 1 hour 50 minutes. I am extremelely dissapointed with the website. I got through to the actual order form and filled in my details four times before it actually worked. Each time i submitted all my credit card details it went back to the "website is busy" page.

What a pile of wank.

Yea, I've had the same problem. Really annoying, in fairness to them though... the website is getting 200,000 people trying to buy tickets at the same time - thats a lot of bandwidth.

Loads of problems and I'm stuck here not actually knowing if I've got tickets or not. I filled out the form and sent it, it failed a few times and then told me that my registration numbers had already been used - so I'm hoping that means the order went through.

Has anyone had a confirmation email yet? Or anyone that properly got through, did it say how long the email would take?
^ But, they should know of the massive demand when they first come out. So they should be ready for it. Not letting the website crack under pressure
I got the screen up but dont think Im going now, one of my mates has pulled out, think we're gonna do the wakestock festival same weekend. oh well :S
Quote by Robb987123Bass

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Who are the headiners?
Had a look on Wiki, so far all the bands seem to be indie, glad I'm not going.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I think the headliners are The Verve, Kings of Leon and Jay-Z.

To be honest though when i went to Glastonbury last year i there was only 10 or so bands i wanted to see but in the end i saw about 50 great bands. It's an excellent festival with too much to do for just one weekend.

Looking forward to Massive Attack at the moment. Hoping that the Drum and bass stage has some good artists aswell.

To be honest whatever type of music you like you cannot go wrong at Glastonbury.
Quote by Greenie_777
I think the headliners are The Verve, Kings of Leon and Jay-Z.

To be honest though when i went to Glastonbury last year i there was only 10 or so bands i wanted to see but in the end i saw about 50 great bands. It's an excellent festival with too much to do for just one weekend.

Looking forward to Massive Attack at the moment. Hoping that the Drum and bass stage has some good artists aswell.

To be honest whatever type of music you like you cannot go wrong at Glastonbury.

True, true and true.

Glastonbury is an amazing weekend, last year I went on my own and had the best time ever. Even if you only like a few bands on the lineup you'll still find a dozen other bands that you'll enjoy.

I'm gonna do what I usually do, bring my djembe and spend most of the weekend in the stone circle field!
Quote by Tom Martin

Brighton rules, snow is awesome, can't remember it being this heavy for years!
So did anyone else get hold of tickets?

They're still on sale too. I'm surprised about that, last year they sold out in 1h45m and this year they're still available all day. I guess this means everyone who really wants a ticket will probably get one.
Managed to get mine at about 9:30am, wouldn't have bothered getting up early if I'd known they weren't going to sell out quickly though.

Can't wait for it now, I wasn't that excited up until I got tickets because last year wasn't brilliant
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Apr 6, 2008,
why would you want to go this year, rappers?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
It's not really about the bands, I probably only saw like 2 or 3 bands a day last year, there's loads of other **** to do.

Also some people like rap
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by Tom Martin
So did anyone else get hold of tickets?

They're still on sale too. I'm surprised about that, last year they sold out in 1h45m and this year they're still available all day. I guess this means everyone who really wants a ticket will probably get one.

I will be there as always due to the sheer luck I live just over a mile outside Pilton

Obviously its only the people that really know what Pilton is about are buying the tickets. I see they are still selling now.

Most punters have looked at the headliners and thought fook this. But if they really know what Pilton is all about then they would still jump at the chance of getting a ticket. Many do not realise that the proud tradition of Pilton festival mainly happens in the smaller tents. Thats where I reside most the time. Seeing Kasabian go up on the open mic and play their songs acoustically is what its all about. Im never usually around the main stages and I suggest to all who are going you should steer clear as well unless there is a band you really want to see playing.

I will be milling around the Cider Bus with a pint of Mudgleys best cider.

Look forward to seeing you all

Ps. If you did not know Glastonbury is Pilton, just a force of habit saying Pilton due to that being the location.
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS