my boss has not given me a shift in 4 weeks, so i am going to call him tonight. i told my parents what i was going to do and they started to say that you shouldn't quit because you have no other job to go to. i then proceed to tell them that i'm generally not really wanted there and i get treated like **** by the duty managers, they proceeded to tell me that i will not get any where in life if i quit, i told them that i can probably do better in life than a fast food restraunt and i don't like being in places i am not wanted.

so now i have to call my boss in 20 minutes should i listen to my parents or should i quit?
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

i'd ask for shifts. if they couldn't give you any, i'd stay on the books but look for another job.
from daylight...
...into darkness
ts, where do you work?
it seems awfully weird to not work in a month. are you sure you still HAVE a job?
kill your boss
the only logical solution
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
From Blackvelvet's sig:

"Originally Posted by MySweetFracture
My boss pissed me off so i MELTED HIS FACE OFF WITH A 330 bpm two handed tap sweep solo. I then forced him to eat his own pancreas.

Thats metal."

On a more serious note.. stay with them for now, but start looking for another job.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
yeh they still have me on the roster i call up every week. i work at red rooster a chicken joint, the thing that ****s me the most i got not one shift over the easter holidays. now this is just bull ****, i reckon they don't want me their so they're not giving me any shifts because they have no grounds for firing me. my brain says quit but my conciounse (i know spelt wrong) tells me to listen to my parents.

my argument is

i'm not wanted obviously so i'll give em what they want

my parents argument is

but if you quit you won't get any money

although i was getting **** money in the first place (the per hour rate was good it was the fact that i was getting a 3 hour shift a week.)
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

That happened to me. My boss said that she would call me for some work during the week because i wasn't on the rota to my face when i went in. Then i never got a call.

Why can't people just grow some balls and tell me i'm ****.
Quote by aradine
my boss has not given me a shift in 4 weeks, so i am going to call him tonight. i told my parents what i was going to do and they started to say that you shouldn't quit because you have no other job to go to. i then proceed to tell them that i'm generally not really wanted there and i get treated like **** by the duty managers, they proceeded to tell me that i will not get any where in life if i quit, i told them that i can probably do better in life than a fast food restraunt and i don't like being in places i am not wanted.

so now i have to call my boss in 20 minutes should i listen to my parents or should i quit?

I had a boss not give me any work in 3 days, I left.

4 weeks is unheard of and I would have quit a long time ago..........you can find a better job.

most of the electricians I worked for were one man companies run out of their house, they used to call me at night and be like ok...heres where we are working.
I would randomly get work and that was fairly ok with me but the think that ticked me off the most was when I didnt get any work or when he called early in the morning changing plans at the last minute. I was only making $8 an hour with those type jobs and they were a ton of work, attic installs, ceiling fans, working up on roofs (which I hate doing...)...not worth the money IMO so im going into editing in the TV field.
Last edited by moody07747 at Apr 6, 2008,
Quote by druz15_UG
kill your boss
the only logical solution

or kill your self?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by Greenie_777
That happened to me. My boss said that she would call me for some work during the week because i wasn't on the rota to my face when i went in. Then i never got a call.

Why can't people just grow some balls and tell me i'm ****.

you're ****

EDIT:
Quote by the guy before me
or kill your self?

ahh... of course
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Kanthras
From Blackvelvet's sig:

"Originally Posted by MySweetFracture
My boss pissed me off so i MELTED HIS FACE OFF WITH A 330 bpm two handed tap sweep solo. I then forced him to eat his own pancreas.

Thats metal."

Thats frickin amazing XD
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
Dude, quit. Or at least ask if you can have a few more shifts. If the people there say you won't get a better job they're ****ed in the head!
honestly, that sounds like an awfully long period of time. if you need the money, quit and get another job where you're actually needed/wanted/appreciated. thats what i'd do, anyway.
This thread became redundant after the first post.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
i would quit if I didn't work for more than 4 days unless I was given a very good reason, you should have been looking for a job for the past two weeks.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
If you plan on quitting don't quit till you have another job lined up and make sure you get a reference off of your manager. I did pretty much the same thing as you. Quitting my job as a checkout chick at Coles and now i find it hard to get part time work, partially as I'm 18 so they have to pay me more and also as i don't have any references and have been out of work for about 2 years.

I'd suggest, like kanthras said, stay there but just start looking for a new job.
Quote by forgottenboy
If you plan on quitting don't quit till you have another job lined up and make sure you get a reference off of your manager. I did pretty much the same thing as you. Quitting my job as a checkout chick at Coles and now i find it hard to get part time work, partially as I'm 18 so they have to pay me more and also as i don't have any references and have been out of work for about 2 years.

I'd suggest, like kanthras said, stay there but just start looking for a new job.

+1.
theres absolutely no reason for this guy to keep his job though, since he isn't actually working and probably wouldn't get a good reference from his manager anyway.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
well anyways i called up my boss, and what an asshole he was he wouldn't even speak to me he got the duty manager to be the middle-man. in the end i get told that there cutting down the roster depending on your performance over the past 5 weeks, i haven't been there for 4 of them so i say well tell *boss* (i will not tell names) that i quit before i get fired, which is a tip i learned from someone who's name i can't remember. (it looks better on a resume if you quit than get fired). i'm gonna call during the week and try to speak to that asshole i call a boss.

*EDIT* i might as well put down on my resume i was never hired by them, because they never had my tax number (i never gave it to them) and i generally will never speak about that place again. it never happened, or will ever happen again period.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

I have friends constantly gettin' **** like this. Quit, get a new job...
They don't listen to me either
Quote by divid3d
i'd ask for shifts. if they couldn't give you any, i'd stay on the books but look for another job.

sorted.