Basically, at what frequency do vocals usually sit at?

I've got a ten band EQ on my iTunes (32 - 16K), and I want to be able to boost/cut vocals.

Methinks perhaps low mids?
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Basically, at what frequency do vocals usually sit at?

I've got a ten band EQ on my iTunes (32 - 16K), and I want to be able to boost/cut vocals.

Methinks perhaps low mids?

Vocals can go across the whole range of frequencies, cutting the low mids will just leave the vocals sounding really thin and trebley.

If you want to cut the vocals out your best bet would be a center pan remover.
Quote by rizo299
Vocals can go across the whole range of frequencies, cutting the low mids will just leave the vocals sounding really thin and trebley.

If you want to cut the vocals out your best bet would be a center pan remover.

a) I meant generally... surely there's a rough area that they sit?
b) HOW DO I GET ME A CENTER / ANY PAN REMOVER?!
Gore AND Core; unite!
I mean, you can do panning ****, but to me the main vocals would be in the middle. You might want to try the recording forum.
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_

Recording forum.

Just download Audacity and follow the tutorials online to remove the vocals. They don't "sit" in frequences, especially if they are cut in the center. Your EQ will only influence how the overall sound comes out, not how the track was recorded.
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
Quote by Straplocks
I mean, you can do panning ****, but to me the main vocals would be in the middle. You might want to try the recording forum.

Perhaps, yeah.
But I meant in terms of EQ, not in terms of panning.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_

I just use adobe audition/cool edit. In the channel mixer section, it's an option. I believe that when the tracks are panned and stuff, vocals are put smack in the center along with lead guitars and stuff, so if you get rid of the center stuff, you get just the instruments left (but the whole thing is mono now). This doesn't always work obviously, but that's how typical songs are recorded. Oh, and Im not an expect on this, so i actually have very little idea 'bout everything i just said