I bought a new Fender MIM HSS Stratocaster three weeks ago tomorrow. I have had no problems except it wouldn't stay in tune accurately for more than half an hour. I changed the strings yesterday and have had much better results (they are 10-46 D'Addario). So i was playing guitar today and had no problems untill suddenly the bidge goes weird.
This is my first strat because I've only been using tune-o-matic bridges.

I'm not sure how to fix it, and I don't have enough money to get it set up. But it doesn't seem to anything that makes the guitar needing to be replaced (or should I?)

They are bad photos and I only had enough battery power to shoot two photos let alone power to change settings.

I would really appreciate direct help to fix this, because im the type of person who doesn't like doing things that they are unsure of. Basically the bridge is tilting to one side.
^ Right, or one of the mounting screws for a spring could have stripped out, or a spring could even be broke. Do you use the trem a lot?
I don't use the trem.

I took off the black plate. If I push down on the bridge I can see the springs move, right now the springs seem loose because they contract when I push down on the bridge.

Im assuming I shoudl tighten the screws on the left hand side
is the whole bridge lifted? it's hard to tell from that picture.

try tightening the screw(s) yes, and if you need more help then add a spring.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The best I can do is direct you to Fender's setup guide for strats. There's quite a bit going on at one time with that style bridge, and I'd hate to steer you wrong by suggesting something and making it worse by mistake. With the one side lifting/tilting the way you say, more than likely you had a lighter gauge of strings on, then went to .010's, which have a higher tension on them. Now the springs can't control the bridge as they used to so need adjusting. At any rate, here's the guide:

http://www.fender.com/support/stratocaster.php
ah thanks

EDIT:
Eh problem, the more I tight it, the more it goes out out tune, which is understandable, except it doesn't hold tuning well enough.

Or should I take it to guitar shop see what they can do, although i don't have enough money to set it up.
Last edited by silly hats at Apr 6, 2008,
There's a balance point between string tension and tremolo spring tension that allows the bridge to stay in place. One or the other being too tight/loose will cause problems. The main thing to shoot for is that the bridge remains flat to the body of the guitar when all strings are tuned up to standard. You'll need to lower the tuning, tighten the springs, retune, over and over until you get close to that balance point. Tuning stability should get better the closer you get.
again, i couldnt tell from ur picture, but if the bridge is lifted, you'll just want to add springs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011