In the era of which all popular bands ( MCR, TBS, BTF, ETF etc.) have tenor vocals.....are there any songs for a guy with good baritone voice?

Everybody has their own set of vocal range...and it's a shame to see that many people with a baritone voice or even bass voice cannot find a song to sing along to.
write your own songs and you can sing them however you want to

or just sing those other songs the way you want to

whatever
Earlier Leonard Cohen - Bird on a wire and Suzanne are good starts

Watch out though, as he got old he sang some real low bass range stuff ... the original Hallelujah (as covered by Buckley, Wainwright, etc) goes down to low C and beyond.
the doors?

im not sure if hes exactly in that range... but he does sing deep alot..

Frank Zappa too
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by godisasniper
System of a Down or Serj Tankian's solo stuff.

That's in the tenor range.

There aren't many baritone vocalists in rock, and the ones who do sing in the baritone range also sing above it, e.g. Geoff Tate and Rob Halford.

If you're into metal, Matt Barlow from Iced Earth is a baritone who uses falsetto for some mean highs. He's worth studying.

You can also try Eddie Vedder, and I think that John Mayer is a baritone but I'm not too familiar with his music.
Quote by seljer
try some Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Kiedis' voice fits my range pretty well

Anyone who can talk or sing out of pitch can do RHCP.

It's a shame that they have such a great guitarist, bassist, and drummer, while their singer can't hold a tune very well. He's a great performer, with tons of energy, but I've heard way too many live recordings of him where he goes out of key.

Edit: Oh, and to actually pertain to the thread, you could always just transpose a song one sharp/flat over. That is, change something from C major to either F major or G major. Doing that would lower the notes either a fourth or fifth, making them better for your range.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
There's one in my mind, but I cant remember the name. He sings country, but he's damn good.

Also Mark Lanegan, Billy Gibbons, and (can't beleive I forgot his name!) the guy from Zombie Ghost Train, look up their song called Graveyard Queen.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
There's one in my mind, but I cant remember the name. He sings country, but he's damn good.

I'm guessing you mean Johnny Cash, but he's more into the bass range than the baritone range.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
I've heard tell of Mark Knopfler being a baritone, that's Sultans of Swing, Money for Nothing (not the backup vocals by Sting ), Romeo and Juliet, On Every Street...yeah I can sing most of those fairly well and I can sing about a low G up to the B string on a guitar.
Quote by Paquijón
I don't think most lower baritones could sing some of his songs.

I don't know, not much of his stuff seems to necessitate very low notes. I may just be thinking of this incorrectly because I don't remember a lot of it offhand and I have a very low voice anyway, but I'd say baritones could handle a lot of his material at least fairly comfortably.
Quote by :-D
I don't know, not much of his stuff seems to necessitate very low notes. I may just be thinking of this incorrectly because I don't remember a lot of it offhand and I have a very low voice anyway, but I'd say baritones could handle a lot of his material at least fairly comfortably.

Yes, you're right, many of his songs may be quite suitable for baritones. But one a few (I don't know the names, sorry ) he really digs into his lower register, and at these times it's necessary to not just be able to hit those notes, but be able to sing them pleasantly. Unless you're doing a death metal rendition, in which case a growl would probably be preferable.
Try some beatles stuff, especially those sung by ringo. But it really depends on your range, I consider myself a baritone (Low F to high G) and yet I can sing most pop songs no problem. Also try some jack johnson
Sing anything you want, there's no law saying you can't change the key of a song, or simply sing it in a lower octave....if that's how your voice sounds it'll work fine.

Failing that, David Lee Roth is pretty much a baritone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Where is the line between baritone and bass? My lowest note is a Db2, and I can sing comfortably in the baritone range, but how much of the bass range would I be capable of?
Mato Nanji of Indigenous has a pretty low voice, but I'm not sure if your looking for that bluesy style or not.
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
from what I've always heard most of those(and most all modern singers) aren't actually tenor, but simply sing in tenor range using a blend of falsetto. I mean if you consider that countertenors(people who sing above tenor) can be bassists I see no reason you can't sing tenor.
Theres alot of singers that sound like theyre singing higher than they actually are and could be sung by baritones.

For Example, David Gilmour, Thom Yorke, Brad Nowell, Tom Petty. Im sure there are others but I cant think of any others right now.
Quote by stusa05
For Example, David Gilmour, Thom Yorke, Brad Nowell, Tom Petty. Im sure there are others but I cant think of any others right now.

+1 to these suggestions
Offhand, what range would Brad Paisley be? I hear him go fairly low but he also sings fairly high as well. Is he just a baritone with a consistent vocal quality through his range?
* Nobody likes WootSticks
I'm thinking George Ezra - maybe Budapest ( or in fact quite a lot of stuff from his No 1 album Wanted On Voyage - as without wishing to disparage him - the songs are quite similar!!)
Depeche Mode's Dave Gahan is a baritone, so...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!