Alright, there was this guy on youtube who made a review of the boss me-50. He said he didn't use a amp at his room, but the speakers from his stereo system.

Because i want the me-50 very bad. and don't have much money left then for a new amp, my question is, would it sound good on my computer's speakers, or al least better then my amp(which costs 33 euro)

thnx for the help

EDIT: will any footswitch work on the boss me-50?
Footswitch
like this one, because it's cheaper than a original boss fs-6
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Last edited by metalbaswee at Apr 6, 2008,
. . I'd say it might be better on the speakers but to be honest, if you want OD/DS on that get a different thing, cos they sound shoddy on the ME-50, everything else does their job though
Computer speakers wont be able to reproduce the full sound range and usually wont sound good (Unless you have good expensive computer speakers. Running the Me-50 through your current amp on clean would most likely sound better.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Punk_Ninja
. . I'd say it might be better on the speakers but to be honest, if you want OD/DS on that get a different thing, cos they sound shoddy on the ME-50, everything else does their job though

how would it sound through a good headphone?
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
unless you get a GOOD set of headphones $150+ its going to sound tinny.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
The ME50 does have a cabinet/speaker sim built in on the phones output. I use it for late night practice and its pretty decent. The distortions are lacking a little but it does have a couple of nice OD's on it. The FX are very good IMO. I usually use an external stomp for my overdrive and just use the ME for FX.
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
need footswitch help, read original post
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by metalbaswee
need footswitch help, read original post

BumperdeBump
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
I dont understand why you need a footswitch
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
Quote by JWBlack
I dont understand why you need a footswitch

for swithing over the banks, and for the other 2 effects without a footswirch. comp and another one 1 forgot.
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.