i was wondering if Gibson makes Les Paul Standard models with pick guards? i have only seen pics of Classic models which have them, but does Gibson also put pick guards on their Standard models?
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Epiphone LP standards do have pick guitars but Gibson don't usually
I fought for all worth believing on the punk rock barracades
If you don't like it, you can take it off very easily. SO even if it does come with a pickguard, you can unscrew the 2 screws that hold it on.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
TS, since so many people like to show off the flame top on their Les Paul Standards, Gibson ships them without the pickguards installed. The pickguard is included, but you have to mount it yourself. To do so, require you put two screws (and thus two small holes) into the guitar, which is why they don't do it at the factory (for those that want a clean looking top).
Quote by Hydra26
TS, since so many people like to show off the flame top on their Les Paul Standards, Gibson ships them without the pickguards installed. The pickguard is included, but you have to mount it yourself. To do so, require you put two screws (and thus two small holes) into the guitar, which is why they don't do it at the factory (for those that want a clean looking top).

I wish that was the case with all Les Paul's, my Epi is ugly with two screws in it. I would never install that pickguard if I bought a Gibson LP, it ruins the look of the guitar.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
my Gibson lp standard faded came with a pickguard but it idnt have the holes in it to screw it in.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard