HI guys, My birthday is approaching and I'm looking for a new guitar. I play mostly Alternative Rock, Indie, maybe the slightest bit heavier, and I've got a budget of about 450 Pounds. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreicated.

I have a Roland Cube 30, a Big Muff, a Crybaby and a DS2. I'm currently using a Squier Strat. I wa slooking at getting a Fender Jazzmaster, what do you guys think?
Epi G-400 w/ new pups for it?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I could afford a Gibson SG, but would the Jazzmaster be better? I'm totally in love with Incubus, so is the jazzmaster better, or should I maybe get a PRS SE Custom or something?
I'd go with the jazzmaster. It could do any of the genres and it's an awesome guitar.
It's only lsightly heavier By the way, and if all things fail I could always get new Seymour Duncan pickups for the jazzmaster. Would I notice the 25.5" scale compared to my Squier?

What is the best guitar out of;

Fender CIJ Jazzmaster
Gibson SG Special Faded
Epiphone G400 Custom (With Maestro Tremolo)
Fender 72 Telecaster Custom
PRS SE Custom
Fender 50's Tele
depends what you want in a guitar.
Jazzmaster: a bit mellow sounding
SG special faded: great rock guitar, but doesn't have the best QC
G400 custom: Basically the SG special but slightly darker sounding, and with not as good p/u's.
'72 tele custom: an LP in a tele body. A bit brighter than the SG, but pretty similar nonetheless.
PRS SE: An all around good guitar, but may or may not have the best QC (I don't have enough experience with them)
Fender 50's tele: very bright sounding in the bridge, neck pup is a bit more mellow.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
So If I had to pick between the 72 Telecaster Custom and the Jazzmaster, which one should I get?
Quote by MoonageDaydream
So If I had to pick between the 72 Telecaster Custom and the Jazzmaster, which one should I get?

depends if you want humbuckers or not. you do want a trem?
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100