i just bought some lemon oil to polish my fretboard with, which is made of rosewood. i have used it once and everything went fine, but i would appreciate some help that is more specific than the instructions on the bottle.

is the combination of lemon oil and rosewood okay? how much lemon oil should i spray onto the cloth and how vigorously should i polish the wood, and for how long? and how often should i spray more lemon oil onto the cloth?

thanks in advance
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
some experts warn against the use of any type of mineral oil as it decomposes throughout time and therefore can rot your fretboard...
Last edited by cerealkilla at Apr 6, 2008,
Quote by cerealkilla
some experts warn against the use of any type of mineral oil as it decomposes throughout time and therefore can rot your fretboard...

so i should let all the gunk build up?
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
lemon is a fruit tho isn't it? not a mineral.
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
I know it sounds weird but saliva works quite well as it is unintrusive and does not erode the fretboard.
arite.
I spray directly onto the fretboard where is worst, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then scrub the dirt off gently, parallel to the frets. The other frets which aren't that dirty I just scrub with a bit of lemon oil sprayed onto the cloth. Then I take some form of card (like a credit card) and scratch off the dirt in the tight bits between fret and fret metal.