Here's the predicament:

We have the talent show coming up in a month<, and we were deciding on a song(s) to play. So I said we should play fire--Hendrix--since we've known it for like 1 year or so now, and they agreed. Then the next day, during band practice, and this is a persistent problem, the drummer just moans and ****s up every song we play cause he doesn't like it or is just being a bitch, and the bass player just ****ing laughs an provokes him even more. And then they're like, we don't want to play fire we want to play Jack Johnson (i don't mind him at all, but I'm not willing to play his song for the talent show cause i have a **** acoustic, but a sweet American strat and tube amp). So I said it was a terrible idea and it would bore the audience rather than something that would be exiting right off the bat. Now, they won't let me have any say in it and they won't play anything but Jack Johnson. What should I do?
^that was my other choice

Welcome to buckethead land... I want someone to play it

Just tell them what you told us, pretty much.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by MoleMania
rape

seconded
Quote by freddaahh
I do think it is a rather suspect sound of metal dildos and horses.
Thats actually what my "band" did, so I just went along with it. It's not just your choice of song that is final.

But rape the bassist and drummer.
seems like your in the wrong, no-one likes a dictatorshp in a band, they wanna play jack johnson, go with it, just change it around abit by using your strat?, it's ment to be fun, not about being all serious, if you can't get along with any of your band mates, then most of the time, your the problem
Quote by MattCbassist
seems like your in the wrong, no-one likes a dictatorshp in a band, they wanna play jack johnson, go with it, just change it around abit by using your strat?, it's ment to be fun, not about being all serious, if you can't get along with any of your band mates, then most of the time, your the problem

+1, exactly what I thought.

But still rape the drummer and bassist.
Then find a band you can get along with.

but you know whats really retarded? People who can't spell the word "retarded" correctly.
Quote by apod44

but you know whats really retarded? People who can't spell the word "retarded" correctly.

+1 on both points.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
make some kind of agreement to play fire + a jack johnson song
close to the same thing happened in my band, but we decided to have every member pick a different song to play. it actually works out because it gives your set a good variety of music.

then if the drummer and bassist are still being little pussies, then yeah.. rape 'em
Quote by musicman701
close to the same thing happened in my band, but we decided to have every member pick a different song to play. it actually works out because it gives your set a good variety of music.

then if the drummer and bassist are still being little pussies, then yeah.. rape 'em

Thats actualy a good idea, if possible.

But still rape the drummer and bassist.
If he's like me then the people in his band are the only talented people at his school and he can't leave them.
I love ESP
Quote by musicman701

In my ex-band, after people complaining about the songs, we all picked three songs. After that each member could give one song 3 points, one song 2 and one song 1 point, and they couldn't pick their own song. Then we learned the top 3 songs.

We still broke up afterwards though.
The "rape" comments are getting pretty old now guys, not really funny anymore, youve killed it , something else pls
Hmmm i would just find a different song entirely that you all like and dont mind playing, only prob is you have to learn it fast
I suggest profussive un-intended sex to their bodily holes while you enjoy it and they don't.

On a more serious note, leave the band.

Dictatorship bands don't work, period.
They break up in the end or they change.

So what are you going to do?

A) Leave the band, they're assholes anyway
B) Compromise with what you have, amp + acoustic pedal/clean channel with adjusted guitar knobs and amp settings = acoustic guitar stupid shit
C) Proffusive un-intended sex to the bodily holes while you enjoy it and they don't
D) Quit whining like a pussy and confront them on it, it's when you show the
size of your balls compared to theirs when they show you respect
E) Play a better song
Quote by Mr.Kvx10
The "rape" comments are getting pretty old now guys, not really funny anymore, youve killed it , something else pls
Hmmm i would just find a different song entirely that you all like and dont mind playing, only prob is you have to learn it fast

Mine didn't kill it
rape
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
My bandmembers are so retarted...

RetarDed.

How many times must we tell you this?

Also, just leave if you're unhappy
used to have the same problem. now the bassist and keyboardist choose the songs. ( thank god they still choose dream theater and that stuff still... but no the ones i really want to play but i got used )
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by apod44

I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can say after two fine points like these ones.
2>1
you obviously love Hendrix, but if they wanna play jack johnson majority wins. sucks thou lol
join a band with nothing but chicks + you so when you post something on UG and get the rape responds it will be alot easier to follow