hey, ive ben playing for about 8 months, and all the kids i no think im really good, but i no btr... anyway i have an epiphone sg, and i was wondering what to buy next. i play classic hard rock, maybe a little blues. dont tell me a les paul, cus im used to my sg, and when i cant get to the high fretts as easy it pisses me off.
meh
You do realise LP's are cutaway right?

Not that i am defending them, i would prefer an SG anyday!
Derp.
Quote by get ta led out!
hey, ive ben playing for about 8 months, and all the kids i no think im really good, but i no btr... anyway i have an epiphone sg, and i was wondering what to buy next. i play classic hard rock, maybe a little blues. dont tell me a les paul, cus im used to my sg, and when i cant get to the high fretts as easy it pisses me off.

I don't think you need a new guitar quite yet.

other gear perhaps?
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Yeah but a much nicer amp will help much more than a new guitar, unless your "lil amp" is very nice.
hahaha it sucks but i like it, itd be a 15 watt spyder III, it has effects on it, and i dont really need anything else. if i ever were to play anywhere, my dad wood lend me his marshall stack, and he has pedals for it and crap.
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
hahaha it sucks but i like it, itd be a 15 watt spyder III, it has effects on it, and i dont really need anything else. if i ever were to play anywhere, my dad wood lend me his marshall stack, and he has pedals for it and crap.

you might wanna invest in a small tube amp, i know you like your spider, but small tube amps are awesome.

Crate Palomino amps are good
Peavey classic 20 or 30
Peavey Valveking 112

and even though your dad has a bunch a pedals you might wanna get some for yourself, and develop your own sound.
strat. there aint a note u can't reach (unless ur a fussy bastard) and their great for ur classic hard rock and blues. just crank a bit of overdrive and a tad a reverb and ur ready to go
Well, if you like your Epi SG, why not look in to Gibson SG?

But I'll echo the sentiment that maybe right now you should worry about your own amp/effects. I personally believe those Spiders are fine for a starter (and hell, I own a 75 1x12 for practicing myself) but you're gonna want to spread your wings a bit.

If there is nothing irrevocably wrong with your Epi SG, you should go the other route. Yeah, you're dad can lend you that halfstack, but unless you're playing 5000 capacity clubs out of the gate, that's a tad overkill. Find yourself a nice tube combo, and mess around with some different effects until you find "your" sound. Hell, with that Spider's onboard stuff, you may have an idea of what to look for already. You just have to translate what amp your modeling and what effects you're using and go from there.
wait...

if you have a g400, then you definately don't need a new guitar before an amp uprade...

if it's a 310, you could look to upgrade the guitar...

i'd suggest an mim strat with a humbucker in the bridge, or a g400 with a possible pickup upgrade...

the amp would be my choice though, since it colors your tone much more than a guitar
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Ran guitars
but seriously Strat Tele or les paul
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
well i treid to go the strat route, but it didnt have enough bite. good ideas with the amps though, ill look around and start saving
meh
If you have the Epi SG Special
Then consider buying the G-400
It's ALOT better than the SG Special
Amp upgrade, my VoX Valvtronix 50 watt is enough for me and the venue's i play at the moment. Buy one and itl make your guitar sound amazing.
try a fender strat or something
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
For the last time, what amp do you have????

Quote by get ta led out!

Derp.