Hey guys, I didn't know where to post this so I figured this is the best place..

I have to do a science project and I decided to do it on how electric guitars work, like the vibrations and etc.

Anyways I've been doing some research and all the sites I've found are waaay too complicated for me, because I have to do it in French... Yeah I'm a nerd in a French School leave me alone :P

Anyways I was wondering if anyone can just give me a really quick explanation of how it works in simple terms
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
voulez vous couchez avec moi Kyle?

Electromagnetic Induction. The pickups are can be seen as coils.
The vibrations of the strings get picked up by the magnets and then transferred to the amp, which then makes sound signals out of it.

Simple enough?
Quote by Våd Hamster
The vibrations of the strings get picked up by the magnets and then transferred to the amp, which then makes sound signals out of it.

Simple enough?

Very :P I feel retarded now xD

Thanks
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
I did exactly the same as you a few months ago. The wikipedia article is pretty straightforward and even explains how humbuckers work, so check that out dude.
idk..
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
The vibrating steel strings create an electromagnetic field, which travels through the air and invokes the wrath of Zeus to deliver some face-melting kickass.