"hey man, play something"

*so you play something cool, lick, arpeg, sometimes you just ask "what song, man?" cos you have no idea what to play (i hate that)

Im curious, how can you keep a music illiterate person interested in your guitar playing?

And i got a babe coming over tomorrow night, and that scene will probably occur since i have 4 guitars in my room.

mature suggestions?
Play the genre of music they like the most. If your girl friend loves acoustic songs or rock or scene songs (though it'd pain me), that's what I would play if I were you.
Toto - Africa
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Usually I start off with an improvised blues lick, and then I go into some distorted harminoc minor and phrygian licks, stopping at the climax and then going into a little song I wrote (no dist)

Works wonders
Quote by GuitarManiac09
Play the genre of music they like the most. If your girl friend loves acoustic songs or rock or scene songs (though it'd pain me), that's what I would play if I were you.

Im all about rock, so im pretty sure my dislike for scene will take over if i play it... by punching her in the face.
I just play some pop/slap stuff and they're like "****in' Seinfeld! Called it!"
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
just play something popular like layla from eric clapton, or tears in heaven...or every breath you take from the police...
Quote by Feischti
just play something popular like layla from eric clapton, or tears in heaven...or every breath you take from the police...

yeah im pretty sure pop stuff works wonders.
scene is dead stop reffering to it
Fallen Into the Abyss of indignity, Doubt Does Not exist Or Dome Into Being Ignominious and Pale
write a little acoustic song for her, might seem cheesy but it works
hello
innuendo by queen sounds really impressive but its actully one of the first solos i learnt
[lUlLaBiEs tO pAraLyZE]
Quote by JoelTheShredder
muse-untended and dont be a pussy about singing too.

that song is a ****en weener song. Thats like saying, hey chick wanna just get it on? NOW?
Iris is great for situations like this. I always feel like I man***** when I play it cause I know I'm gonna shag in 2 minutes...
let me be the first to say...i cum blood
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Kensai
Toto - Africa

I love that song. No really I do.
What I do when someone says play me a song is kick out some bluegrass licks on my LP
with the distortion on. It is always good for a wtf expression.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Aziraphale
Iris is great for situations like this. I always feel like I man***** when I play it cause I know I'm gonna shag in 2 minutes...
You have to spend like 5 minutes tuning though. Or tune before she gets there.
Sweet child of mine, anyone?

Try to go for the more well-known riffs.
I had this girl at my house who loves the Fall of Troy. Before she came over, I learned her favorite song. If food is the way to a mans heart, music is like girl food.
Quote by Flying Couch

you dont have to for that man.

you can play it in e. and it sounds okay.
Quote by HelpTravesty
If food is the way to a mans heart, music is like girl food.

sigged
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by grunger
that song is a ****en weener song. Thats like saying, hey chick wanna just get it on? NOW?

well i actually told some chic i wrote it for her and she bought it! it completly worked. i got me some gash the very same moment.
Quote by JoelTheShredder
well i actually told some chic i wrote it for her and she bought it! it completly worked. i got me some gash the very same moment.

you cheap son of a bitch.
Quote by Flying Couch

Nah man, it sounds great in standard tuning. Although my acoustic is tuned to C standard, so I play it as if it was in E major (with the open B and E strings), resulting in the song being one step lower than the original (which is nice for bedroom singing, you might not want to reach for that high A).

@JoelTheShredder: If you say you wrote a song to a girl you just met, she's gonna think you're a stalker and/or wussbag that she has under her finger. But maybe if it was a girl you'd been going out with a while.

I've actually written a song to a girl, called "Baby You're not Worth It". She didn't like it
I tend to play FCPREMIX or the beginning to Prequel to the Sequel.

Or crap tapping and their face melts off
Quote by maggot9779
Play I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt by Right Said Fred or Sex Bomb by Tom Jones. That'll make her spread em.

That seriously made me laugh. You win sir!

Anyways, play her Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. If she's your girlfriend/girl you like make damn sure she hears the lyrics.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Nekrofagist
scene is dead stop reffering to it

far from it with P!ATD new cd that just came out... =(
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by Aziraphale

I've actually written a song to a girl, called "Baby You're not Worth It". She didn't like it

I know how you feel. Mine was titled "You Make Me Hate You"
Nile – Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks from He Who is in the Water.

By the time you finish saying the title she'll already be sucking your dick.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409