This might be asking too much, but...

I'm looking for a high-gain amp that gets decent tone at both bedroom and jamming levels. My Palomino isn't really cutting it for the majority of what I do - metal/metalcore, shred, etc. - so I'd like something new, with the following:

- FX loop
- At least two footswitchable channels
- Usable cleans (doesn't have to be crystal clear)
- Either a combo or a head/2x12 (if you suggest a head, please suggest a nice 2x12 that would go well with it)
- Preferably in the sub-$1000 range total.

My guitars are in my sig. I am open to both new/used items.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Last edited by DrNick at Apr 6, 2008,
Bedroom levels and practice?

Krank Rev Jr.
Randall RM20
Peavey Mini Colossal
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Sorry, meant to say "jamming" levels, as in with other players.

The Krank Rev Jr. looks great - read the reviews about it in Guitar World too - but it isn't footswitchable. Same with the Mini Colossal. I may have to forego footswitching though. I'll take a look at the RM20.
Axe-FX Standard
Tried a pedal with your V8? I'm not into death metal or anything, but my Vj does some pretty good maiden, priest etc. So if your not getting much heavier then that barrow a pedal from somebody and check it out (or plug a pedal into a V8 at the store). Can your V8 take an extension cab? Your speaker may not be up to what your trying to do.

edit: sorry posted before I saw the jamming part.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
The RM20 might not fit all the criteria either. It's only a single channel, modual system.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't think it can take an extension cab - there isn't an input for it on the back. It gets an okay tone with my Tubescreamer, but not really what I'm looking for. I was thinking about giving something heavier like an EHX Metal Muff, but I don't know how much more gain that would give me.
Axe-FX Standard
You'd probably break the $1000 barrier, but a Mesa Express would do everything you want your new amp to do.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by The red Strat.
ENGL thunder/fireball/powerball ?

Fireball is 60w, and I'm sure the other ones are high Wattage too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by slatsmania
You'd probably break the $1000 barrier, but a Mesa Express would do everything you want your new amp to do.

Would you suggest the 5:25 or 5:50? I'm seeing the 5:50 on EBay for $700-800 used plus shipping, so it'd fit my range.
Axe-FX Standard
The 50 has a bigger speaker (or a pair of them), so it'll probably have a better sound live. They'll both be good at near bedroom levels, but the 50'll handle all your gigging needs. The 25 might struggle at times.

I'd go for the 50.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.